Amature players within The Villages. Do they exist??

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2022, 07:23 AM
Veteran member

Trying to be funny I guess. And yes if you just starting out, you may take you a hundred plus shots to do a par 72 . I have never attempted the sport because I hear you have to play with people that are much better than you that are snobs but then again I'm just guessing
Old 07-20-2022, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

There are no groups of people like this but there are individuals. I’ve played with people that have no clue about what to do on a golf course. Some have me that the most important thing about golf is where they’re going to have lunch afterwards. Some have moved here and rented clubs so they can “try” golf. I’ve seen some drive carts onto greens and into bunkers. They no clue regarding golf etiquette. They’ll walk behind you when you hitting, talk while your putting, drag their feet on the greens and don’t take care of the course. And yes, some will insist on playing everything into the hole even if it’s for a 15.
I’ve always felt that The Villages should have some mandatory test and training for those that have never played.
The Good Golf School is joke. People that have never played need to be taken onto a golf course and have some basics explained to them.
I’ve only listed a few if the crazy things that I’ve witnessed here. There is much too much to list here. And I must say that I’ve seldom seen this kind of behavior on other golf courses.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
Any golfer that is not a professional would be considered an amatuer. So most, if not all golfers in TV would be amatuers with a wide range of skill. Beyond that, the main emphasis of your post seems demeaning, and I wonder what was your motivation
Humorous and satirical.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Humorous and satirical.
Actually, the humor lies in the spelling of "amateur" -----we have "amature" in the OP and "amatuer" in later posts.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:51 PM

I'm a beginner and was on the green of a pitch and putt while my husband was looking for his ball. A couple walked up to the tee and as soon as they got there the man shouted, "We're waiting." Seriously why I thought I might not want to take up the snooty sport. It's just a frigging pitch and putt and if you are going to shout at others when you haven't been waiting at all, you need to go to real course and leave the beginners alone. We left the hole and his tee shot went straight in the water. I think he may have heard me shout, "Ha, ha, ha, karma" LOL. And I have two mismatched clubs in a skinny bag. Gotta start somewhere. Pay for a round at the championship courses if you want to really golf!
Old 07-20-2022, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
I'm a beginner and was on the green of a pitch and putt while my husband was looking for his ball. A couple walked up to the tee and as soon as they got there the man shouted, "We're waiting." Seriously why I thought I might not want to take up the snooty sport. It's just a frigging pitch and putt and if you are going to shout at others when you haven't been waiting at all, you need to go to real course and leave the beginners alone. We left the hole and his tee shot went straight in the water. I think he may have heard me shout, "Ha, ha, ha, karma" LOL. And I have two mismatched clubs in a skinny bag. Gotta start somewhere. Pay for a round at the championship courses if you want to really golf!
Golf is a great sport---don't let this clown put you off, stick with it. You should also know that no good golfer ever makes fun of a beginner----the guy behind you probably sucks.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Gold member

Abby, How good to hear from you. I thought you sold & left. The real story about making and/or mainaining friendships amung TV residences.
Closed Thread

Tags
play, game, courses, groups, clubs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.