Are any new Championship or Executive courses currently under construction?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2023, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I assume they are referring to Marsh View Pitch & Putt - which is not an executive course.
I believe it is . It’s listed in the Executive Courses list on the tee time site . You need to make a tee time to play it , just like any other Executive course.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Really? Didn't know that. But was it a championship or executive? They must have reconfigured the layout since the combined 18 holes have just a few short par 4s.
Not sure of the history other than it was a championship course and the stater shack was by Seabreeze.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I assume they are referring to Marsh View Pitch & Putt - which is not an executive course.
Oh , and let’s not forget the recently opened Richmond Pitch and Putt.

Same deal , listed as an executive course in the tee time system.

So, that makes 7 executives south of 44 …..
Old 01-04-2023, 10:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
I believe it is . It’s listed in the Executive Courses list on the tee time site . You need to make a tee time to play it , just like any other Executive course.
Although you need a tee time for the Pitch & Putt courses, that does not make it an executive course.

The map differentiates between Championship Courses, Executive Courses, and Pitch & Putt Courses or Short Game Courses. The Pitch & Putt courses are 18 holes and golf carts are not allowed - golfers have to walk. Executive courses are 9 holes and you can take a cart or you can walk.

There are no Executive Courses south of 44 and north of the turnpike - although we have one Championship course and one Pitch & Putt with a second "opening soon."

https://www.golfthevillages.com/imag...Map.pdf?v=1711
Old 01-04-2023, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Not sure of the history other than it was a championship course and the stater shack was by Seabreeze.
99.9% sure it was never a championship course. It might have been an experimental exec 18, but it was also two of the courses that, in the summer, could be reserved as back to back nines for a while 3-4 years ago
Old 01-04-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Why so many Championships as compared to Executives? Ratio wise there was 3 Executive courses installed for every Championship. Below the Turnpike they are putting in 5 Championships to 3 Executives? Southern Oaks is hardly utilized, what a waste having 5 Championships be less than 4 miles from the Bexly Bridge
Can’t wait for the Championship Courses. Will be from 10 to 20 minutes by cart from Linden. Southern Oaks is a great course to play and it does not have the wave. Everything looks fantastic for the area my wife selected. 😎

Last edited by sowilts; 01-04-2023 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-04-2023, 03:28 PM

Yankee Clipper/Southern Star early on was definitely combined as an 18 hole Executive layout, with starter shack (office trailer) next to Seabreeze Rec. Center. We played it many times in the 18 hole configuration, it was never a Championship course.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 01-05-2023, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
Yankee Clipper/Southern Star early on was definitely combined as an 18 hole Executive layout, with starter shack (office trailer) next to Seabreeze Rec. Center. We played it many times in the 18 hole configuration, it was never a Championship course.
Sorry I was spreading misinformation. I often wondered how that was called a championship course with the current layout?
Old 01-05-2023, 08:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Sorry I was spreading misinformation.
If one reads TOTV, that was not the first time - and clearly not the last time that there will be misinformation on TOTV.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
If one reads TOTV, that was not the first time - and clearly not the last time that there will be misinformation on TOTV.
Hahaha So true but this was unintentional.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Although you need a tee time for the Pitch & Putt courses, that does not make it an executive course.

The map differentiates between Championship Courses, Executive Courses, and Pitch & Putt Courses or Short Game Courses. The Pitch & Putt courses are 18 holes and golf carts are not allowed - golfers have to walk. Executive courses are 9 holes and you can take a cart or you can walk.

There are no Executive Courses south of 44 and north of the turnpike - although we have one Championship course and one Pitch & Putt with a second "opening soon."

https://www.golfthevillages.com/imag...Map.pdf?v=1711

Might want to look at you own link.
What do you call lowland, grey fox, red fox, lobylolly and long leaf?
Old 01-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyCares View Post

Might want to look at you own link.
What do you call lowland, grey fox, red fox, lobylolly and long leaf?
I'm pretty sure he, as well as everyone else, would call them SOUTH of the turnpike.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Did they rebuild the entire course? Southern Star only has one par four and Yankee Clipper only has two par fours. What did they do with the par fives? If you took a championship course and turned it into an executive, you would have enough land for three executive courses.
I t was never a championship course. It was just a 18 hole exec course. They split it years ago.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coainc View Post
The only new courses that I've noticed are "Pitch & Putt".

Thanks.

They should fix the championship courses in total disarray before they build new courses. If they maintain the new like the old , nobody benefits.
Try playing. Havana,Cane ,Hacienda , Mallory. Etc. terrible.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmontgom09@aol.com View Post
They should fix the championship courses in total disarray before they build new courses. If they maintain the new like the old , nobody benefits.
Try playing. Havana, Cane ,Hacienda , Mallory. Etc. terrible.
Before they fix the championship courses up north, I think they should build some executive courses in the south. There are 13 executive courses north of 466; 16 between 466 and 466A; 7 between 466A and 44; and 6 south of the Turnpike. There are no executive courses between 44 and the Turnpike. I understand that they are building more executives south of the Turnpike but there are no plans to build any executive courses in Newell, Lake Denham, or Dabney.

But they love building pitch & putts and putting greens!
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, putt, pitch, noticed, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.