Any walkers using Exec. Courses?

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

One of my biggest disappointments when playing the Execs when we were down last month, was that more people don't walk. The starter would always give me a "good for you!" when I'd check in and say I was walking. I even walked when playing the ladies days. It's a great way to get exercise while being distracted by planning your next shot.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I'm just curious.....if you want to walk and get exercise why don't you walk either before or after golf? That way, you can use a cart while golfing and not hold people up. There are plenty of sidewalks and trails to exercise on. Just a thought.
We see what you're doing but I'll bite.

Mark Twain

"Golf is a good walk spoiled"

If I ride and have a bad game well, I just had a bad game.

If I walk and have a bad game well, I had a bad game and got some good exercise.

I'll walk until my legs can no longer carry me.

Walk or ride you decide.

Last edited by Walter123; 11-21-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: addition
Old 11-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

The group I play with always walks. More often than not, we are waiting for the group in front of us that is using carts. I feel I can get to my ball faster to line up my shot and have all the clubs I need with me. Just because I own a golf cart does not mean I need to use it on the course.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I walk 1 to 2 courses a day. They are fun to walk. I only wish there were more benches to sit while we wait. When I die I asked the family to donate at least 1 bench per course for all the walkers!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I walk 1 to 2 courses a day. They are fun to walk. I only wish there were more benches to sit while we wait. When I die I asked the family to donate at least 1 bench per course for all the walkers!
Bay Kid, This should help. I have one and use it all the time. Got it from Amazon and they come in different heights.

Walkstool WA22 Comfort 55cm/22in. Portable Folding Camping & Hiking Seat
Old 11-21-2014, 11:13 AM

Wow! The walkers are coming out of the "coursework" Thanks for responding to my original post about walking. It is refreshing to know that I will have company this coming January, after we move into the Pennecamp area.

Is there a Walkers Club/Group?
Old 11-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Are you just assuming walkers hold up play or have you experienced slow play a lot from walkers?
Bogie,

They do slow play. I have some in our group and we always wait for them on almost everyhole.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Bogie,

They do slow play. I have some in our group and we always wait for them on almost everyhole.
Please lets not generalize. We could go into the pros and cons of both. DWIL = Do What You Like. As Roseannadanna said..... "It's always something"
Old 11-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Bogie,

And I say, so what?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:44 PM

Are the walkers any slower than cart users who tee off from the back tees, lose their ball and slowdown play? In my experience golfers who overestimate their ability cause slowdowns in play. "Play it forward"
Old 11-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier65 View Post
Are the walkers any slower than cart users who tee off from the back tees, lose their ball and slowdown play? In my experience golfers who overestimate their ability cause slowdowns in play. "Play it forward"
Cavalier, I believe that your original question has been answered, several times. Now it seems like you had ulterior motives. Sorry but you're a day late and a dollar short because there is already a thread on slow play. So please play nice with the other posters. DWYL.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
...They do slow play. I have some in our group and we always wait for them on almost everyhole.

You speak of specific individuals. Don't make the generalization that walkers are slow. Most are not.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:42 PM

Mr. Walter123 please identify my ulterior motives. Apparently a discussion/posts about walkers is alien to you. Sorry that you are offended. If you will list the golf topics that you consider appropriate, I will try to stick to only those that meet your approval.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
I walk all the Exec. courses. Not sure where you get the cart info., but it's wrong. None are hard to walk. Some are close to 2 miles long, but most are pretty flat(except: Truman, Roosevelt, Bogar, Bacall). About the longest distance you'll find between holes is between 6 & 7 at Mangrove...perhaps 5min. at longest.

You can also walk the championship courses, but you have to keep pace and some of those distances between green and tees can be about 1/4 mile or so.
I just walked Mangrove. One of the other players also walked and he carried a gizmo that measured how far we walked. It was just under 4 miles. If you calculate the distance only using the yardage from the black tees it will be around 2 miles but you can almost double it, on that course anyway. I'm no more tired walking that course then any other and I walked Palmetto this morning. I was surprised it was 4 miles.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Mr. Walter123 please identify my ulterior motives. Apparently a discussion/posts about walkers is alien to you. Sorry that you are offended. If you will list the golf topics that you consider appropriate, I will try to stick to only those that meet your approval.
You asked if you could walk the exec courses the answer is yes, you have your answer. Right?

Then you post this.

I am not offended, I don't know you so you can't offend me. You can post any topic you wish. In another thread. Why you would want to steer your own thread in a negative direction after your question was answered is beyond my comprehension level. That's all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.