Attention Golfers: A new game played on an Executive Course

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Sage
Default Attention Golfers: A new game played on an Executive Course

I invented a new golf game to be played on an executive course. Tell me what you think.

1] On the first hole everyone tees off from the gold tees. The person with the lowest score get’s 1 point. If the lowest score is a tie then no one get’s a point.

[here’s where it get’s interesting]

2] Where you tee off on the second hole is determined by your score on the first hole. If you parred the hole you play from the Black Tees. If you bogied, you play from the Gold Tees. If you double bogey or more you play from the Green Tees. Once again, the person with the lowest score get’s 1 point. Once again, if the lowest score is a tie then no one get’s a point.

3] Where you tee off on hole 3 is determined from your score on hole 2. The pattern repeats for the entire round.

4] The person with the most amount of points wins the match.

Double par pick-up or conceding a hole will keep the game moving faster then stroke play. No mulligans but balls hit into the water or lost will be dropped in the drop area with a loss of stroke but no penalty.

Is there a strategy for this game? Would it be smart to purposely bogey or double bogey now and again?

At one time I had a good name for this game but at the moment I can’t remember what is was.

Would anyone want to join me and try this game out at 6:30pm on any day?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I invented a new golf game to be played on an executive course. Tell me what you think.

1] On the first hole everyone tees off from the gold tees. The person with the lowest score get’s 1 point. If the lowest score is a tie then no one get’s a point.

[here’s where it get’s interesting]

2] Where you tee off on the second hole is determined by your score on the first hole. If you parred the hole you play from the Black Tees. If you bogied, you play from the Gold Tees. If you double bogey or more you play from the Green Tees. Once again, the person with the lowest score get’s 1 point. Once again, if the lowest score is a tie then no one get’s a point.

3] Where you tee off on hole 3 is determined from your score on hole 2. The pattern repeats for the entire round.

4] The person with the most amount of points wins the match.

Double par pick-up or conceding a hole will keep the game moving faster then stroke play. No mulligans but balls hit into the water or lost will be dropped in the drop area with a loss of stroke but no penalty.

Is there a strategy for this game? Would it be smart to purposely bogey or double bogey now and again?

At one time I had a good name for this game but at the moment I can’t remember what is was.

Would anyone want to join me and try this game out at 6:30pm on any day?
I think it sounds like a good time!! Wish we were there I would join you to give it a try.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 PM

I'm retired. I don't do complicated. Let's just play. My competitive days are over. Just the same old game will do fine.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:54 PM

I would give it a try. Only available at 6:30 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. email:charlesinthevillages@gmail.com
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.