Belle Glade 02/25/2024

Old 02-27-2024, 02:48 PM
Default Thread location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Dear Just saying,

This discussion is in "Golf in The Villages" within "Recreation in The Villages". Where exactly else, would you prefer it to appear?
Aha! I guess I was also surprised to find such a golf related subject in my "summary." Thought maybe something had changed. I now see that it likely made it into my "Yesterdays Hot Topics" summary that I receive daily via email. That daily email is the main reason that I ever even remember to look at the forum.

I *had* noticed that said email comes with what looks like a "secondary" (usually old) "Golf Course Conditions" section at the bottom. With today's longer "golf" thread - and now a comment suggesting that it was possibly "misplaced" - if not even practically illegal placed :-) - I'm starting to suspect that golf related posts in ToTV don't tend to carry a lot of traction and are therefore seldom of the "hot topic" variety. Now I'll *really* have to take to pondering about why that would be, considering all the golf holes hereabouts. . .
Old 02-27-2024, 03:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlblok View Post
Aha! I guess I was also surprised to find such a golf related subject in my "summary." Thought maybe something had changed. I now see that it likely made it into my "Yesterdays Hot Topics" summary that I receive daily via email. That daily email is the main reason that I ever even remember to look at the forum.

I *had* noticed that said email comes with what looks like a "secondary" (usually old) "Golf Course Conditions" section at the bottom. With today's longer "golf" thread - and now a comment suggesting that it was possibly "misplaced" - if not even practically illegal placed :-) - I'm starting to suspect that golf related posts in ToTV don't tend to carry a lot of traction and are therefore seldom of the "hot topic" variety. Now I'll *really* have to take to pondering about why that would be, considering all the golf holes hereabouts. . .
Hot tip: Not to interrupt your pondering, but once on the site you can click Today's Posts & see everything under discussion that day (it even has some yesterday posts on page 2 or 3, sometimes - depends on how busy the day was).
Old 02-27-2024, 06:28 PM
Default Selectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Hot tip: Not to interrupt your pondering, but once on the site you can click Today's Posts & see everything under discussion that day (it even has some yesterday posts on page 2 or 3, sometimes - depends on how busy the day was).
Have actually explored that from time to time, but this fine summary from my email seems to be just *so* good at choosing for me what to "leave out" that it's just hard to be bothered. :-)
Old 02-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

I totally believe NOT.
And I totally believe they are!
Old 02-28-2024, 06:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
And I totally believe they are!
Old 02-28-2024, 08:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Good Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Played Belle Glade today (Seminole to Calusa).

I have to say, the greens were in very good shape, as were the fairways and most of the tee boxes (a few were a bit too sandy, but you're hitting off of a tee, no big deal...)
One of the good ones for sure! Anyone play Amberwood or Walnut Grove this week?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Tags
belle, glade, tee, sandy, bit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.