Beware of the sprinklers

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Default Beware of the sprinklers

Had 16 golfers on Mallory's Virginia on Monday. First group was off at 7:28, the first tee time. We played the entire 9 holes under the sprinklers. They were watering the tees & greens. Numerous times we had to wait to tee off. Also, the last three greens were so wet that they were unplayable. Steams of water traversing down the middle of the greens doesn't make for a fun time. Complained at the turn. Thought maybe we earned a rain check for the front nine. No way. What a shame.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Sage

Did you speak with Dan Machande or the staff at the desk? I agree that is not a pleasant way to play golf. To me, it's worth a call to Golf Administration.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Initially spoke with desk staff. They spoke to a "pro". They then came back and said they would talk to a manager when they got in. They seemed to indicate that they wanted to give me a credit for the nine. I told them the entire foursome should get a credit. I left it their hands and didn't follow-up with any credit. That wasn't really the point. I'm hoping that the complaint will get them to adjust their sprinkling system time so as not to interfere with the play.
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, tee, time, sprinklers, steams

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.