Bonifay Condition?

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Default Bonifay Condition?

Driving along 466A cart path a couple of times today, some of the fairways look dark brown. Are many of the holes like that now? Is there a watering issue? We have a request to play for this weekend and wd like to know. Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 PM

Played Bonifay Thursday, greens were in good shape but fairways and tees starting to burn. Carts restricted to cart path only on odd numbered holes. Water restrictions giving them problems so I would call for current restrictions.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Played there today. Just as described on Thursday.
We are in a drought, things will not get better until we get some significant rain.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Default bonifay??

Thank you for your answers. Are Cane, Mallory and Havana having the same problem with the fairways or is the water restriction just south of 466A? thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 06:46 PM

I have lived in the Villages almost 9 yrs. and it is a great place to live. However it has rarely been a good place to play golf. Those in charge ( the spin doctors) manage to come up with more excuses, but the truth is almost all of the courses within an hour or less from the villages are consistantly in better condition and cost a lot less. I have noticed the grass just outside the golf course fences is beautiful, because they WATER IT EVERY NIGHT!

J. Norfolk
Old 03-26-2012, 08:05 PM

While I generally agree about the condition of the off-campus courses, Stonecrest is an exception. It's in sad shape. But it is less expensive.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnorfolk View Post
I have lived in the Villages almost 9 yrs. and it is a great place to live. However it has rarely been a good place to play golf. Those in charge ( the spin doctors) manage to come up with more excuses, but the truth is almost all of the courses within an hour or less from the villages are consistantly in better condition and cost a lot less. I have noticed the grass just outside the golf course fences is beautiful, because they WATER IT EVERY NIGHT!

J. Norfolk
Lets not get to upset with our golf courses!!! We all know that rain is the issue. Yes lawns outside the golf courses look nice right now, BUT, they to will have to conserve water also. (And that is recycled water) As far as Bonifay is concerned, I think they spent too much water, making rough nice and green, and now have used their allotment. Over all, I've been pretty happy with The Villages golf courses. What we need is a "Rainmaker" You can see where the water lines were in the catch basins, and what really is left. We need about a weeks worth of downpours!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 AM
Veteran member

Bonifay is in an area that is not built up enough to reclaim water and they rely on well water. The water authorities have restricted them to 1) no watering the rough 2) watering fairways once a week and 3) water on greens and tees 3 times a week. This is the time of year the winter rye gives way to bermuda but with out water the transition will not go smoothly.

We need rain (and a signifigant one at that) to fill the retention ponds so normal watering can resume. It's a shame the "gem" of the Villages has to suffer......

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 03-27-2012, 04:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Why don't you play...

Hacienda Hills, great shape, best ever!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Bonifay is in an area that is not built up enough to reclaim water and they rely on well water. The water authorities have restricted them to 1) no watering the rough 2) watering fairways once a week and 3) water on greens and tees 3 times a week. This is the time of year the winter rye gives way to bermuda but with out water the transition will not go smoothly.

We need rain (and a signifigant one at that) to fill the retention ponds so normal watering can resume. It's a shame the "gem" of the Villages has to suffer......
I agree!!!!! Lets all do some rain dances!!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Play another course
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.