Bonifay Review

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonfl View Post
Part of the villages one percent benefit. Separate rules for "special people.
But on our bond payments

That is what they do, accept it
This has the hint of "sour grapes".
Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sweetie plays Bonifay next Monday. There was some kind of a chance to put your name in to play an inaugural round and one of his regular playing partners put their names in and they won!!

He is so excited and I am so happy for him.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili557 View Post
I got to to play Bonifay today,It will be one of the fravorite courses for residents to play.The layout is fantasic,very fair if you pick the proper tees.i am looking forward to playing it again when it opens to the residents.Can't wait to see the 3rd nine when it opens,it should be as great as the first two nines.Congradulationd to our Villages course designers,you did a great job.
It's nice hearing that you enjoyed your round but you didn't include much in the way of details. I believe I heard each nine only has one par 3 and one par 5 or something odd like that? Could you compare to say Havana, Cain or Mallory?

I go by there just about everyday since I live down in the south area and it looks very green and nice, but seems to be lacking trees. Kind of wide open looking, is that an accurate impression or the layout more than makes up for that?
Old 11-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
It's nice hearing that you enjoyed your round but you didn't include much in the way of details. I believe I heard each nine only has one par 3 and one par 5 or something odd like that? Could you compare to say Havana, Cain or Mallory?

I go by there just about everyday since I live down in the south area and it looks very green and nice, but seems to be lacking trees. Kind of wide open looking, is that an accurate impression or the layout more than makes up for that?
On golfthevillages.com, you can view a copy of the scorecards for each nine. Both of them have two par5's and two par 3's

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:19 PM

According to a "Building Bonifay" video, the Pensacola and Destin nines each has three par-3s, three par-4s and three par-5s.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili557 View Post
I got to to play Bonifay today,It will be one of the fravorite courses for residents to play.The layout is fantasic,very fair if you pick the proper tees.i am looking forward to playing it again when it opens to the residents.Can't wait to see the 3rd nine when it opens,it should be as great as the first two nines.Congradulationd to our Villages course designers,you did a great job.
Chili557,

Welcome to TOTV! I think it's great that employees get a preview, and appreciate the review. I also thank you and other employees for everything you do to make TV a terrific place to live.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertC View Post
According to a "Building Bonifay" video, the Pensacola and Destin nines each has three par-3s, three par-4s and three par-5s.
Went back and double checked and the Ft Walton nine is a standard setup with 2 par3's and 2 par 5's. You are correct on the Destin nine having 3 holes of each. There is no scorecard available yet on the website for the Pensacola nine.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Gold member
Default Bonifay course record now something to shoot at.

I saw in the Thursday paper that Ed Fletcher perhaps the best mens golfer in The Villages shot a 66 from the Blue tees at Bonifay on November 21st. This information is in the Age Breakers area of the sports section and states that Mr. Fletcher is 70 years old. Ed Fletcher has won many championships over the last several years in The Villages.

So it looks like there is already a course record to shoot at.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:53 AM

Ed is my neighbor and is pretty shy about his golfing accomplishments. When I saw him the other day, he said he played Bonafy. How did you do? Oh well matter of factly, six birdies, no bogeys for a 66. I said even for you that's got to be a first. What? I said setting a course record on a course that you never saw and is not even offically open!!!
His reply. "Well it was from the blues, because the rest of the foursome were playing them." Ah schucks. probably shoot a crappy 68 from the tips. LOL

I checked out his "golf" room and saw 8 or 9 plaques for state of Mass. champinonships.

I think he said five regular, four senior, and 2 partner.
His favorite: Winning the Regular Mass title at 55. Oldest ever to do it.

BTW the last time I looked he was leading the North Central Florida Senior Am. Tour
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.