Bring Your 7 Iron to the Waterfront Inn

Old 04-21-2024, 09:49 AM
Default Bring Your 7 Iron to the Waterfront Inn

An ad appears frequently in The Sun headlining "The Supreme Golf Swing" guaranteed to slash your golf score in 90 minutes. The instructions are held at the Waterfront Inn at LSL, and all interested parties should bring their 7-iron.

I signed up for the class, paid my $19 registration, took my 7-iron with me, and went to learn how I was going to slash my scores on the golf course. While the instructor was very humorous in his presentation, I'm afraid I didn't learn much except for some relaxation techniques. My bringing the 7-iron was simply a waste of energy because we didn't use it at any point in the presentation.

After the 90 minutes, the instructor said that we would all receive hands-on instructions if we signed up for his $78 three-hour program later that month. I'd say between 85-90% of the attendees couldn't line up fast to take advantage of that offer, while a handful, including myself, left for home.

Now, I'm wondering if I shortened my chances of learning the "Supreme Golf Swing" by not signing up for the three-hour advanced instructions, andI'd like some feedback from the people who attended it, and if they found it beneficial. I can always sign up next year.
Old 04-21-2024, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

I've seen this criticism before and wondered why nobody ever asked why they were told to bring a 7-iron. No Q&A?
Old 04-21-2024, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,040 Times in 1,753 Posts

Sounds like false advertising to me… but with a 90% line up for the $78 lesson, why not?
Old 04-21-2024, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,961 Times in 2,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
I've seen this criticism before and wondered why nobody ever asked why they were told to bring a 7-iron. No Q&A?
Cause everyone afraid of 9 iron…. . Just ask tiger 🐯……

Last edited by Topspinmo; 04-21-2024 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
An ad appears frequently in The Sun headlining "The Supreme Golf Swing" guaranteed to slash your golf score in 90 minutes. The instructions are held at the Waterfront Inn at LSL, and all interested parties should bring their 7-iron.

I signed up for the class, paid my $19 registration, took my 7-iron with me, and went to learn how I was going to slash my scores on the golf course. While the instructor was very humorous in his presentation, I'm afraid I didn't learn much except for some relaxation techniques. My bringing the 7-iron was simply a waste of energy because we didn't use it at any point in the presentation.

After the 90 minutes, the instructor said that we would all receive hands-on instructions if we signed up for his $78 three-hour program later that month. I'd say between 85-90% of the attendees couldn't line up fast to take advantage of that offer, while a handful, including myself, left for home.

Now, I'm wondering if I shortened my chances of learning the "Supreme Golf Swing" by not signing up for the three-hour advanced instructions, andI'd like some feedback from the people who attended it, and if they found it beneficial. I can always sign up next year.
Sucker born every day!
Old 04-22-2024, 08:43 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,117 Times in 1,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Cause everyone afraid of 9 iron…. . Just ask tiger ������……
Now that is a hoot!!!

Tags
golf, 7-iron, instructions, signed, learn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.