Calling all snowbird golfers

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Default Calling all snowbird golfers

I am starting a movement to have The Villages offer the six month priority membership with a vacation option. I am a snowbird and spend Sept,Oct,Jan,Feb and March in TV.Based upon my golfing pattern a 12 month membership would have a net cost of $250 per year and a 6 month with vacation option(on hold) will have a net cost of $90.I feel the net cost of $90 is a fair price to access better tee times in the prime season.
At the end of this posting will be a copy of an earlier posting I had on the subject.

If you are a snowbird golfer and think this is a good idea ,please contact Golf the Villages.

Can the six month priority membership be put on vacation when I am away from TV?I am a snowbird and I am in TV for Sept and Oct and then Jan,Feb and March.
Based upon my golfing at country clubs 2 times a week and paying the trail fee two times a week at Exec courses a six month membership will cost me about $90 if I could put the membership on vacation.A 12 month membership will cost me about $240.These figures are based upon the discounted green fees and having the trail fee included in the membership.
Has anyone tried to put a 6 month membership on Vacation?
I do not like paying for something that I will not be using.
I contacted Golf the Villages and they do not allow a six month membership to be put on vacation.But they said they are looking at my suggestion.
Are there other snowbirds out there that would be interested in a 6 month membership if a vacation plan was offered?
If so ,please contact Golf the Villages and request the option.
Golf The Villages
Golf The Villages
Old 11-20-2014, 09:13 AM

Done.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 AM

////
Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default No longer a snowbird.

Back up north where we came from, we had to pay the membership fee at the country clubs year 'round and not golf year 'round. I don't think it will happen, getting it changed, and I don't think it should happen.

When we were snowbirds we payed for priority year 'round.

It is what it is.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Default Calling all snowbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffj View Post
Done.
Thank you.
I hope the 6 month membership with vacation option will be offered.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Sage

Have to agree with Gracie - full timers are paying for priority membership when it really isn't needed in the summer so maybe they should off a 6 month priority to everyone, but then there would be so many signed up it wouldn't be such a priority!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Gold member

I feel it's a good option you suggest...even for those of us who are here year round.....BUT...you say "I do not like paying for something that I will not be using." yet you own a place here and pay fees and taxes and aren't using it for quite a few months of the year. So perhaps you don't mind paying for some things you don't use eh? :-)
Old 11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Another contract that most of us sign is for lawn mowing and it is based on a 12 month time. However, during the summer the lawn needs to be mowed a lot more often than during the four of five months of the dormant season. Yet the lawn mower is paid during the dormant season.

No one says you have to buy the priority membership. It is a choice.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Default Calling all snowbird golfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Have to agree with Gracie - full timers are paying for priority membership when it really isn't needed in the summer so maybe they should off a 6 month priority to everyone, but then there would be so many signed up it wouldn't be such a priority!
A six month priority membership is available for anyone.But the price difference
between a 6 and 12 month membership is very small.During the non peak months a priority member saves about $10 on greens fees at the country clubs and the $4 trail fee at the exec courses are pre-paid.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

I am totally opposed to a vacation option on the priority membership. If you can afford the other yearly expenses in the villages you can afford the priority fees.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

I have a feeling that if the snowbirds get a special rate then somehow it's going to cost the full timers something. The money that won't be coming in will have to come from somewhere.

Vote NO (if it ever gets that far)
Old 11-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
I have a feeling that if the snowbirds get a special rate then somehow it's going to cost the full timers something. The money that won't be coming in will have to come from somewhere.

Vote NO (if it ever gets that far)
I don't have a club in this fight because I don't golf, but yours is an excellent point. And so are Gracie's and Gomoho's.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Gold member

Golf is not cheap. The Villages is not the cheapest place to live.

These championship course greens fees are a bargain. Public courses up north cost more than this in summer prime season!

The Villages Country Club Golf Rates:
http://golfthevillages.com/images/LatestWinterRates.pdf
Old 11-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Sage

Do the Championship Courses make money?

Back in New Jersey courses were closing because they couldn't make enough money. The driving range on the course was the big money maker, low overhead and the guy that ran the pro shop got to keep that.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
I am starting a movement to have The Villages offer the six month priority membership with a vacation option. I am a snowbird and spend Sept,Oct,Jan,Feb and March in TV.Snipped by Alan
I have no dog in this fight. We get the yearly priority membership.

The issue you may run into is that your situation 'seems' pretty unique. You spend five months a year here with a two month break. IMO, if The Villages had enough folks in your situation that did not get priority they would change it. Nothing better for a yearly budget that up front money.

I would have no issue with someone in your situation being able to get a 6 month priority with a two month vacation in the middle. My support (like it matters ) would come down to the details of the program beyond your specific needs.

Why is there priority membership at all? IMO it is innovative way to get guaranteed cash flow no matter how much you play, no matter the weather, etc. As I said, I suspect there are not enough folks in your situation to get their attention...

<I always reserve the right to be mistaken>

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.