confused about golf course rules..

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I believe as much as the next guy that dog owners must be considerate and not impact other people's private property. But since there are plenty of places where it is generally considered acceptable and even appropriate for dogs to relieve themselves which are not on THEIR OWN lawn, I can't agree with this statement.
You're right - I should have said "Don't pee, poop or walk on personal property that is not yours or the dog's".

My point is that the same people that somehow think it is ok for a dog to urinate or poop on my lawn (and personally I don't really care and let them do it), think that it is OK for people to bitch about coming onto their property to retrieve balls. You can not have it both ways - you just can't argue both sides at the same time.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
You're right - I should have said "Don't pee, poop or walk on personal property that is not yours or the dog's".

My point is that the same people that somehow think it is ok for a dog to urinate or poop on my lawn (and personally I don't really care and let them do it), think that it is OK for people to bitch about coming onto their property to retrieve balls. You can not have it both ways - you just can't argue both sides at the same time.
Russ, How could anyone think they have a right to mess up someone's private property? But obviously some do. It puzzles me how you know that it is the same people let their dog go on your yard who fuss about stray balls?
Are you speaking of neighbors and people you know personally?
That kind of hypocrisy is arrogant. I don't know anybody like that,
yet...
Kitty
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post

I think it's a good point as related to golf, as it was stated somewhere in this thread that people's dogs go out onto the golf course after hours, despite the fact that it is private property.

We looked at a pre-owned home on a golf course with a cart path behind it. When I asked if I could walk our dog on that path, the realtor gave me an emphatic no. Apparently some don''t adhere to this rule.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
[/B]

I think it's a good point as related to golf, as it was stated somewhere in this thread that people's dogs go out onto the golf course after hours, despite the fact that it is private property.

We looked at a pre-owned home on a golf course with a cart path behind it. When I asked if I could walk our dog on that path, the realtor gave me an emphatic no. Apparently some don''t adhere to this rule.

My wife and I play exec golf at sunset almost every night. Yes, many people do come out on the course for walks at that time. I have no issue as long as they are not in the way of getting hurt. But they are not supposed to do it as you mentioned.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.