Continental Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Default Continental Country Club

I played Continental Wednesday after hearing good things. The greens were better than any I have played in TV. Rolled true with little to no hops and would hold a good shot. Fairways were only fair (pun intended). If you were off the fairway it was true pasture pool, players hitting off bare dirt in many cases. The bunkers were in good shape. Even with the greens as good as they were not sure if I will go back.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

I found the course to be in fairly good shape, but the current condition (hard, because they're new), and design (domed) of the greens does not reward any type of shot (even a good one), and severely punishes bad shots. I'm a 7 handicap, and was routinely frustrated by high flying soft landing wedges that wouldn't hold the green - they just bounce, then run off.

The greens did run true and fast for putting, and the fairways were good. Once you were off the green though, the entire band around the green was bare hardpan making any type of chipping very difficult.

I'm guessing that this course will be much better next year (after the greens have softened a bit and the grass around the greens grows back), but for now I think I'll play elsewhere.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, true, greens, continental, played

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.