Country Club Rates for 2011

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Sorry, guys, but maybe you'll understand one of the many reasons why I don't chase a little white ball!

SWR
Sorry SWR, but I'll never understand why you don't chase the little white ball!

AJ, thanks for the info. I suspected when I saw this thread that Tierra and Hacienda, two of our favorites, would have gone up.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Sorry, guys, but maybe you'll understand one of the many reasons why I don't chase a little white ball!

SWR
If you choose to spend your money elsewhere that is your choice. But I don't see it as a reason to not play golf. Besides you could still play the exec's. And you already pay the $135 a month to do so.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Veteran member

I would love to play the Execs, but have had too many times when I get hooked up with people who have no idea how to play golf. This week, the first time in months on an Exec. course, we played with 2 lovely gentlemen, but its the first time I've seen the ball struck then go in almost a backward direction. It was pretty funny, actually, I didn't know where to stand when they were hitting , the ball could go anywhere. They didn't know basic courtesies of marking your ball on the green, repairing ballmarks, filling divots with sand. etc. There were 3 or 4 whiffs per hole. I'd say about 80 percent of the time I end up with a group of golfers that golf at a very beginner type level. Now they may have been golfing for 20 years, but they've never progressed beyond a certain point. To each his/her own, but that type of golf is not fun for me. My friends all play the championship courses, so that's where I golf as a result. I think you tend to get the more experienced golfers there, and I just find it more fun, as I'm a lower handicapper. The other thing is the pace of play is very slow, probably because many of the golfers have beginner type skills. On the exec. this week, the carts were all backed up, and we were warned by the starter that it was going to be a 2 hour round of golf -- much too long for one of those short little courses. My golfing friends all voice the same thoughts - I guess that's why we stick to the championship courses.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
I would love to play the Execs, but have had too many times when I get hooked up with people who have no idea how to play golf. This week, the first time in months on an Exec. course, we played with 2 lovely gentlemen, but its the first time I've seen the ball struck then go in almost a backward direction. It was pretty funny, actually, I didn't know where to stand when they were hitting , the ball could go anywhere. They didn't know basic courtesies of marking your ball on the green, repairing ballmarks, filling divots with sand. etc. There were 3 or 4 whiffs per hole. I'd say about 80 percent of the time I end up with a group of golfers that golf at a very beginner type level. Now they may have been golfing for 20 years, but they've never progressed beyond a certain point. To each his/her own, but that type of golf is not fun for me. My friends all play the championship courses, so that's where I golf as a result. I think you tend to get the more experienced golfers there, and I just find it more fun, as I'm a lower handicapper. The other thing is the pace of play is very slow, probably because many of the golfers have beginner type skills. On the exec. this week, the carts were all backed up, and we were warned by the starter that it was going to be a 2 hour round of golf -- much too long for one of those short little courses. My golfing friends all voice the same thoughts - I guess that's why we stick to the championship courses.

I understand that sometimes you will run into a NEWBEE golfer on the execs, and really that is where they should play, I'm a low-handicap and find the execs a great place to work on my short game and have played with some
great Villagers whose golf game is less than desirable but enjoyed great fellowship and that is what "it's all about", Right?.....Always wished a "Newbee Golf Etiquette Video" would be provided, BUT, life's good here in paradise, so who cares...
Old 10-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I understand that sometimes you will run into a NEWBEE golfer on the execs, and really that is where they should play, I'm a low-handicap and find the execs a great place to work on my short game and have played with some
great Villagers whose golf game is less than desirable but enjoyed great fellowship and that is what "it's all about", Right?.....Always wished a "Newbee Golf Etiquette Video" would be provided, BUT, life's good here in paradise, so who cares...
For some golfers, myself included, golf is more about the sport of golf. Fellowship is a nice byproduct. I do enjoy the company of many golfers - most Villagers are lovely people, but when I play a sport, I prefer to play with someone at or near my skill/experience level. I agree, the Execs are a great place to work on different aspects of your game, but the baggage that comes with them is difficult for me to deal with. If I had to golf every day with people who whiff every other shot, don't fill their divots, don't know enough to mark their balls on the greens, it would drive me crazy. The guys we played with must have had a 10 on each hole. I find that very distracting, so i stick to the Championship courses. To each his/her own.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Sage

Taj - have you tried to form your own circle of golfing friends to play with instead of just taking what the tee time system gives you? I know that many people in TV play with 'like' golfers. I'm just north of a 12 handicap (trending towards 20 it seems) and sometimes I play in groups of friends who are beginners. What we do is a exec scramble and that seems to work fine. They get 3-4 foursomes and play scramble with one or two experienced players and two newer ones in each group. We have great fun and usually a nice lunch afterward. Can't wait to move perm so we can play every week.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Taj - have you tried to form your own circle of golfing friends to play with instead of just taking what the tee time system gives you? I know that many people in TV play with 'like' golfers. I'm just north of a 12 handicap (trending towards 20 it seems) and sometimes I play in groups of friends who are beginners. What we do is a exec scramble and that seems to work fine. They get 3-4 foursomes and play scramble with one or two experienced players and two newer ones in each group. We have great fun and usually a nice lunch afterward. Can't wait to move perm so we can play every week.
Thanks Russ, that's exactly what I do. I'm in several different golfing groups, on the championship courses. Most of my friends dont' seem to have the inclination to golf on the Exec. courses, or else our schedules don't jive, we have so many other activities going on.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Default Golf

Haven't visited VT yet, planning on Nov 2010. Thought golf was included in monthly HOA fee. Yet saw posts on country club membership rates going up. Please explain... Thanks
Old 10-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macintoshguru View Post
Haven't visited VT yet, planning on Nov 2010. Thought golf was included in monthly HOA fee. Yet saw posts on country club membership rates going up. Please explain... Thanks
Your answers are here.
http://www.golfthevillages.com/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.