Directions to Silver Lake

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
When you cross the golf cart bridge go left. You will go past the Paradise Dog Park and the archery range. There will be a stop sign at the archery range. Go left. You are now on Paradise Drive.

Stay on Paradise Drive past the bocce courts, horseshoes, picnic shelter, tennis courts, softball field...all on the left and the Paradise Recreation Center on your right. You will pass the fire department. You will come to another intersection where you will see the Boone Gate on your left. Boone is really the beginning or end of Morse.

Go straight through this intersection and stay on Paradise until you come to Lauren Lane, which is the first left. It is just a little strip of a road and you will come to another intersection. This is Schwartz. Take a left on Schwartz. Stay on Schwartz until you come to Heathrow. Take a right on Turnberry and you will run straight into the Silver Lake golf course.

It is easy. Left after the bridge. Stay straight. Left on Lauren. Left on Schwartz. Right on Turnberry.
hate to tell you this but this is the loooong way around to silver lake gc...
Old 07-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
When you cross the golf cart bridge go left. You will go past the Paradise Dog Park and the archery range. There will be a stop sign at the archery range. Go left. You are now on Paradise Drive.

Stay on Paradise Drive past the bocce courts, horseshoes, picnic shelter, tennis courts, softball field...all on the left and the Paradise Recreation Center on your right. You will pass the fire department. You will come to another intersection where you will see the Boone Gate on your left. Boone is really the beginning or end of Morse.

Go straight through this intersection and stay on Paradise until you come to Lauren Lane, which is the first left. It is just a little strip of a road and you will come to another intersection. This is Schwartz. Take a left on Schwartz. Stay on Schwartz until you come to Heathrow. Take a right on Turnberry and you will run straight into the Silver Lake golf course.

It is easy. Left after the bridge. Stay straight. Left on Lauren. Left on Schwartz. Right on Turnberry.
BK - Is the starter shack off Turnberry or Rainbow. [Can ya tell I'm not a golfer? lol]

Old 07-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
You are absolutely right, but I think it is the safest and easiest way for someone who has never been to Silver Lake and whom has only been to the original side once. Just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 PM

bkcunningham1, mrfixit - you are CLASS ACTS and true reflection of The Villages that I know and love!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
BK - Is the starter shack off Turnberry or Rainbow. [Can ya tell I'm not a golfer? lol]
Yes. LOL Turnberry runs into the parking lot and you go through there to the starter shack. If you don't stop at the starter shack you hit Rainbow, just off of Dustin. The tennis courts and the parking lot for the courts are on Dustin.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Yes. LOL Turnberry runs into the parking lot and you go through there to the starter shack. If you don't stop at the starter shack you hit Rainbow, just off of Dustin. The tennis courts and the parking lot for the courts are on Dustin.
Wish we had a 'Like" button! Thanx

Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm4444 View Post
bkcunningham1, mrfixit - you are CLASS ACTS and true reflection of The Villages that I know and love!
I second that. And I know Schaumberger is a class act as well.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Sage
Default How about a nice picture?

Click here, zoom in and out, decide for yourself...

Map showing roads around Silver Lake

Have fun golfing!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Thanks everyone. See that Baustgen, I saved $5 with a little help from my friends.
You have been here since 2010 and have not spent $5.00 on a map??? WOW!

Because?
Old 07-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Thanks everyone. See that Baustgen, I saved $5 with a little help from my friends.
Let me know when you finally buy a map.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
You have been here since 2010 and have not spent $5.00 on a map??? WOW!

Because?
Why bother when there are friends like us?

Old 07-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Why bother when there are friends like us?
Why! Because a little intuitive effort is good exercise for the brain rather than having everyone do your work!
Old 07-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Why! Because a little intuitive effort is good exercise for the brain rather than having everyone do your work!
People love to share local knowledge. I don't see it as having others do my work. I see it as being part of a community.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Yes, it is an extremely long, long way to get to Silver Lake Golf Course. njbchbum has it right.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
You are absolutely right, but I think it is the safest and easiest way for someone who has never been to Silver Lake and whom has only been to the original side once. Just my opinion and I'm sticking with it.
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. One you go through the Medical Gate, it's almost a straight shot down Beechwood and the Silver Lake Rec Center is right in front of you.

Through the gate, right on Tarrson go about 20 yards and go left on Beechwood. You'll see the rec center in front of you and the starter shack is right behind the rec center.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.