The District and the Championship Courses.

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2023, 08:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts
Default The District and the Championship Courses.

Apparently the District is going to take over managing the championship courses from the Developer. The District will then be reimbursed for the expense by the Developer. This was in the Daily Sun a few days ago. Was I reading this correctly ? Is this good or bad ?
Old 08-05-2023, 10:58 AM

It is neither good or bad, it is just what it is. There will no change in the operation of the Championship Courses, the developer still owns them and the district is just overseeing the staffing.
Old 08-05-2023, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

No conspiracy to dissect, sorry.
Old 08-05-2023, 04:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Apparently the District is going to take over managing the championship courses from the Developer. The District will then be reimbursed for the expense by the Developer. This was in the Daily Sun a few days ago. Was I reading this correctly ? Is this good or bad ?
I've searched the Daily Sun archives and can't find anything about this.

It doesn't make any sense to me (I'm not saying you're wrong), but the District is a government entity and shouldn't be in the business of competing with private business ... nor in the business of contracting to provide management of non-district owned enterprises. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Old 08-06-2023, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I've searched the Daily Sun archives and can't find anything about this.

It doesn't make any sense to me (I'm not saying you're wrong), but the District is a government entity and shouldn't be in the business of competing with private business ... nor in the business of contracting to provide management of non-district owned enterprises. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
The story was in the sports section of the Sun or Tuesday or Wednesday. If you have that opinion go to the district meeting and voice our opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
district, developer, courses, championship, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.