Driving Range Times

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Thumbs down Driving Range Times

Why is it so hard to find answers to simple questions? What are the open times and locations for practice facilities - driving and short game?????
Old 09-08-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherzberg View Post
Why is it so hard to find answers to simple questions? What are the open times and locations for practice facilities - driving and short game?????
the simple answer is to call the facilities and ask them.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

This is Palmer Legends. Not sure all follow the same but you can check on Golf the Villages:

http://www.golfthevillages.com/champ...PALMER LEGENDS

Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sundays we utilize the grass tee-weather permitting. The other days of the week we would ask all golfers to use the mats. The practice facility is open 7 days a week and is available from sunrise to sunset with one exception. On Saturday’s the practice facility closes at 4 pm for maintenance and reopens on Sunday mornings at 9 am.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the info. If the ranges were open, which they are NOT I would call. If I knew what ranges were available I would call. Problem is - I don't know either - which is why I asked here. Thanks Jayhawk for at least some info! It was helpful! I live near the Sarasota range but was wondering about the times and locations of all facilities.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The Lady Lake Driving Range on Rolling Acres is open from 9:00am til 5:00pm seven days a week.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Gold member
Default Driving range times.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherzberg View Post
Thanks for the info. If the ranges were open, which they are NOT I would call. If I knew what ranges were available I would call. Problem is - I don't know either - which is why I asked here. Thanks Jayhawk for at least some info! It was helpful! I live near the Sarasota range but was wondering about the times and locations of all facilities.
The website...is at the moment...not responding(golfthevillages), but it does list all the practice facilities and their corresponding open times. It would take you to google it, but it's really quite easy if you know what to do.

Last edited by Moderator; 09-09-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Removed comments directed at another member
Old 09-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Default Golf driving range

I am not in TV at this time, so I cannot give you any information on Oxford golf. They are on 301 near 466. You should be able to get their info on line.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

On campus driving ranges are at Lopez, Palmer, Glenview and of course Sarasota. They would be open when the pro shop is open to buy a token or the starter shack for a small bucket which is now $2. The biggest question I always have is what days are mats, because I don't want to use them. Last time I was at Glenview mats were on Friday and Sunday. Nice chipping greens are at Cane Garden and Bonifay. Maybe others can fill in more info.

Off campus ranges that I use are Oxford Driving Range on Hwy 301 just south of 466, hit from sod anytime and new Wilson Staff balls and several aiming targets. Buckets are only $5 for a good size of 80 balls or so. Tree Top Range on Rolling Acres Rd south of 466 behind American Legion, hit from sod, bucket $7 could use some more targets. Newly reopened range behind Walmart on 466, I haven't been there since new ownership, I read they have new Titleist balls.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Thanks JW! You provided a very comprehensive answer that will be useful to ALL.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
On campus driving ranges are at Lopez, Palmer, Glenview and of course Sarasota. They would be open when the pro shop is open to buy a token or the starter shack for a small bucket which is now $2. The biggest question I always have is what days are mats, because I don't want to use them. Last time I was at Glenview mats were on Friday and Sunday. Nice chipping greens are at Cane Garden and Bonifay. Maybe others can fill in more info.

Off campus ranges that I use are Oxford Driving Range on Hwy 301 just south of 466, hit from sod anytime and new Wilson Staff balls and several aiming targets. Buckets are only $5 for a good size of 80 balls or so. Tree Top Range on Rolling Acres Rd south of 466 behind American Legion, hit from sod, bucket $7 could use some more targets. Newly reopened range behind Walmart on 466, I haven't been there since new ownership, I read they have new Titleist balls.
John, the mat schedule is Mon and Wed at Sarasota, Tues and Thurs at Palmer, and Fri, Sat, and Sun at Glenview.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

www.golfthevillages.com lots of info regarding championship and executive courses. Also includes driving range times and mats/grass days. At the moment the site is down. try later
Old 09-09-2013, 02:40 PM

Oxford Golf Center 8-6 Monday- Saturday all grass.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:53 AM

answers at Golf the villages.com look under Golf Academy then driving ranges all info is there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.