Errant golf balls

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
some people can't read or interpret simple language, P.S. are you a golfer l.o.l.
have a nice day this is getting way to borrowing, you must be looking at you neighbors lanai; l.o.l.
I can suggest a way for you to find out. How does a $500.00 Nassau sound to you?
Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Sage

It is not necessary to post property in TV to have homeowner rights against trespassers. A trespasser is someone who willingly comes on your property without an invitation (excluding contracted services, etc).
Old 06-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
It is not necessary to post property in TV to have homeowner rights against trespassers. A trespasser is someone who willingly comes on your property without an invitation (excluding contracted services, etc).
finally someone that can read the Law thank you!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Sage

I don't question the definition of trespassing.

But I also stand by my opinion that it would be difficult to have somebody convicted of trespassing if they simply encroached a few feet to retrieve a ball and immediately reentered the golf course.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I don't question the definition of trespassing.

But I also stand by my opinion that it would be difficult to have somebody convicted of trespassing if they simply encroached a few feet to retrieve a ball and immediately reentered the golf course.
Well, heck Polar Bear, that's exactly right. Only people with integrity respect others when they can get away with hit and run. I think you are saying it perfectly.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Well, heck Polar Bear, that's exactly right. Only people with integrity respect others when they can get away with hit and run. I think you are saying it perfectly.
I get your point Kittygilchrist.
No matter a few feet or 30 feet its trespassing polar bear.
It is like Kittygilchrist is saying if you put a little dent or a big dent you are still damaging someones property, weather or not you get caught is not integrity.
People aren't bothered by a couple of feet but the old saying goes, give them an inch and they will take a mile.
Now i have seen people with telescope ball retrievers and they come out 8 to 10 feet.
These people stay on the course and if they can retrieve there ball they get it, if they can't they leave it and never come on the property.
Now one gentleman couldn't retrieve his ball and headed toward his cart, I stopped him and said let me get that for you and thanked him for being a gentleman.
he wasn't sneaky and tried to come on the property and then run away like you have stated polar bear.
Are you starting to get the point.
The rules are not to come on private property or off the course.
Everyone seems to know that rule but feels it doesn't apply to them.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 PM

I would advise to follow the rules of golf, use common sense (if you have some) and be courteous. Golf balls are short money. Consider it lost if it goes on someone's property.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
...he wasn't sneaky and tried to come on the property and then run away like you have stated polar bear...
Quote:
...get away with hit and run...
Sneaky? Run away? Hit and run? Your words, not mine. I said nor meant nothing of the kind. I was referring to reasonable golfers using common sense to retrieve a ball, harming nothing and no one.

Quote:
...you must be the one out of 100 Golfers that are Honorable...
99% of all golfers are dishonorable? You really meant to say that?!? I'll admit...I'm at a loss for words.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.