"Evening Wave" golf prices

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2022, 10:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,052 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I played at Mallory Hills tonight and Tee'd off after 4 pm.

I've always understood, that if you play in the last "Wave" (for lack of a better way to describe it), you paid the posted rate (in this case, the posted rate is $17), you can play as many holes as daylight allows. Reading the 2022 Rate Sheet, it seems to say there is no "9 Hole Rate" at that time of day and it's one rate and you can play as much as you want.

I played 9 holes in 55 minutes and was going to continue and was told I had to return to the Clubhouse and pay another "9 hole rate". I was told "unlimited play" ended 2 years ago.

I was here from January - May this year and I was always told that play was unlimited after 3 pm/4 pm, depending on the clock and Daylight Savings adjustments.

I'm going to call the golf office tomorrow and inquire, but I'm curious about other folk's experience with this.

Results:

I called Golf at the Villages headquarters. They told me to call Brady Godfrey, who is in charge at Mallory Hills.

I & everyone who responded, was correct. I should have been allowed to play as many holes as I wanted and he said he was going to meet with his Staff and get them squared away so they understand the "Evening Wave".

Thanks for all the responses and Brady was terrific on the phone and seems like a really good guy.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,093 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:

What baffles me, is all (4) employees had the exact same story. "The play all you want, ended 2 years ago". They were adamant about it and I didn't argue.
The employees were confused and wrong. What ended a couple years ago was that unlimited play used to be included with the afternoon wave t time. When my golfing buddies from up north would come down to visit we used to always play the 27 hole venues during the afternoon wave. After finishing 18 we would go in the clubhouse and request to play the other 9 holes, and it was always allowed no questions asked. The only caveat was that we had to turn to the third 9 holes before the evening wave started. Unfortunately, that policy ended a couple years ago. That policy was/is totally mutual exclusive of the unlimited play during the evening wave policy, which is currently in existence and clearly stated on the rate sheet.
Hope that explains the misunderstanding and golf on : )
Old 12-09-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I think you have it backwards. 9 hole rate is on the June to dec rates.
https://www.golfthevillages.com/images/Summer2022.pdf

Last high season, the 9 hole rate was in effect. I still work, and played a lot of golf starting at 330 or 4 - usually played 12 or 14 holes after work.
From your attachment;

Unlimited Play will be available at the 18-hole rate during the evening wave. Play is based
on availability (at the same course) and is good for the rest of the day. This includes tee times beginning at 3:00pm at Orange Blossom Hills, Southern Oaks, and Tierra Del Sol. Golf car rental is NOT unlimited.
9-Hole Play is allowed all day, every day, on any of our championship courses.

9 holes are allowed but you only get to play 9 holes. If you pay for 18, you get to play as many as you want or can.
Old 12-10-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Unlimited play is available at the full evening rate as posted on the rate sheet from June 1 to December 31. If you go out during the evening, and state at the clubhouse that you only intend to play 9 holes, you will only be charged half the evening rate. At most courses, the unlimited play evening rate for a non priority resident is $20, but they will only charge $10 if you only go out for 9 holes. The unlimited rate is a great deal during the summer months when it gets dark out at 8:00 or later, typical evening thunderstorms aside.

During the months of January through May, there is no difference in AM or PM wave rates, and the evening rates (after the PM wave) are half the wave rate and includes unlimited play. Until the clocks are moved forward in March, it’s very difficult to get in more than 9 holes after the PM wave concludes. At least that’s how the rates during busy season worked this year. We should find out sometime in the next week or so what the busy season rates will be starting January 1st, 2023. Fingers crossed that non priority resident rates will remain close to the $64 charged at most courses during the 2022 busy season. Stay tuned, new rates are typically released in the middle of the month before the new rates become effective.
If your concerned about the rates here in TV starting next month you might check out Harbor Hills as the course is more challenging and is in excellent shape - go this month for a good price and see for yourself!!
Old 12-10-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:

I've always understood, that if you play in the last "Wave" (for lack of a better way to describe it), you paid the posted rate (in this case, the posted rate is $17), you can play as many holes as daylight allows. Reading the 2022 Rate Sheet, it seems to say there is no "9 Hole Rate" at that time of day and it's one rate and you can play as much as you want.

I played 9 holes in 55 minutes and was going to continue and was told I had to return to the Clubhouse and pay another "9 hole rate". I was told "unlimited play" ended 2 years ago.

I was here from January - May this year and I was always told that play was unlimited after 3 pm/4 pm, depending on the clock and Daylight Savings adjustments.

I'm going to call the golf office tomorrow and inquire, but I'm curious about other folk's experience with this.
You need to read the second page of the rate sheet that clearly states unlimited play is available in the Evening wave at the 18 hole rate. It's been that way since June 1st.
Old 12-10-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Regardless of what's correct and what's incorrect -
try to have a little compassion for the employees who are not -allowed- to leave until the last group has returned. If a group knows they're generally slow, it'd be great if they accepted that teeing off at 4 would mean a 9-hole game. Maybe go to the executive course instead, if they absolutely must play after 4. Afternoon shift folks sometimes get stuck for up to an hour past the time they're supposed to work, just because the last group is especially slow since they know no one is behind them.
I’ve played late in the day in a last group at 18 hole courses and there have been many times when returning past the starter shack or the pro shop, no one is there.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:32 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Results:

I called Golf at the Villages headquarters. They told me to call Brady Godfrey, who is in charge at Mallory Hills.

I & everyone who responded, was correct. I should have been allowed to play as many holes as I wanted and he said he was going to meet with his Staff and get them squared away so they understand the "Evening Wave".

Thanks for all the responses and Brady was terrific on the phone and seems like a really good guy.
So...did he offer you a refund, or a free round as compensation? That would be the fair thing to do.
Old 12-10-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:

If they charged you $17 then you should have been able to keep playing. If they only charged you half of that, then it’s the 9 hole rate. This happened to us a few weeks ago. We played the late wave and they never asked if we were playing 9 or 18. We didn’t realize they only charged us the 9 hole rate so we had to quit after 9 holes.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, play, told, daylight, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.