Exec. courses "pace-of-play" is very slow!

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

Seems to me the OP was just trying to stir up a 9 page thread with the sexist remarks.
We all know that there are slow women and slow men on the course (probably more slow men, simply because more men play)
If it bothers you that much, play the championship courses. They speed you up or ask you to let people play through.
You wanna gripe about something? Gripe about the MEN who leave cigars laying all over the golf course.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Sage
Default Exec. courses "pace-of-play" is very slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
...You wanna gripe about something? Gripe about the MEN who leave cigars laying all over the golf course.
Hey!! What about the WOMEN? [emoji12]
Old 07-23-2015, 05:25 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier65 View Post
Initially I thought the courses were clogged due to the snowbirds, now a major problem is very slow play. Mostly the women's groups/foursomes take too long to play a hole. Most hit from tees too far back instead of using green tees. Putting takes forever as they do not play "ready" golf. This is a big problem and the Ambassadors/Starters are powerless to do much about it. Especially since the women players will call the golf office and complain about the rude Ambassador. Out of fear nothing is done about this growing problem.

Women leaders need to speak up, then lead by suggestion and example. Perhaps a yellow card needs to be issued to slow play group members and they cannot play again until attending a Good Golf or Ready Golf session.
Quote:
Although I agree about some of the men golfers overestimating their power, endlessly looking for lost balls after hitting from the wrong tees for their capabilities, etc. This does not address the bigger problem of slow play by women on the Exec. Courses. Please, this is not a blame-the-other-sex post instead it is about a real problem of play.
Well ya sure cudda fooled me! Also made me wonder if the poster comes to a complete stop at STOP signs and/or before turning right on red!

Old 07-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

fore
Old 07-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

If you're constantly keeping pace with the group in front of you you can't do much more or just turn around straight for the 19th hole!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
If you're constantly keeping pace with the group in front of you you can't do much more or just turn around straight for the 19th hole!
It is really easy to keep pace with the group in front of you when they are not doing the same. On another note, I went up to Lopez to hit range balls this evening and saw 9 people on the last hole of Walnut Grove. Even if five of them were spectators, which I think was the case, they were all on the green or the fringe and that cannot result in a good pace of play. If I had to play behind them, I would have been pretty damned annoyed.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Default Brilliant Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Well ya sure cudda fooled me! Also made me wonder if the poster comes to a complete stop at STOP signs and/or before turning right on red!
Sometimes one wonders....
Old 07-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Although I agree about some of the men golfers overestimating their power, endlessly looking for lost balls after hitting from the wrong tees for their capabilities, etc. This does not address the bigger problem of slow play by women on the Exec. Courses. Please, this is not a blame-the-other-sex post instead it is about a real problem of play.
It's not a blame? It most certainly is a blame! I hope you have data to back up your most cavalier statement.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

It doesn't matter if it's men or women... it's about pace of play. If the course is crowded - don't hit that 2nd or 3rd ball off the tee because you want to practice or don't like your first (playable) shot.. don't take 5 min. looking for your ball in the weeds... don't slow play because your spouse is giving you a lesson on how to hit every shot... and don't take your 10th shot on a hole. If you want to do that - then play during slow times - late in the day or afternoons.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
It is really easy to keep pace with the group in front of you when they are not doing the same. On another note, I went up to Lopez to hit range balls this evening and saw 9 people on the last hole of Walnut Grove. Even if five of them were spectators, which I think was the case, they were all on the green or the fringe and that cannot result in a good pace of play. If I had to play behind them, I would have been pretty damned annoyed.
Nine people has to counted as a picnic or an entourage!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

To the OP, it's free golf, what do you expect? It brings EVERYONE out, no matter what level of player they are, from hack to scratch. As a solution for you, there are plenty of courses "outside the bubble" you can play.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
This does not address the bigger problem of slow play by women on the Exec. Courses. Please, this is not a blame-the-other-sex post instead it is about a real problem of play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Seems to me the OP was just trying to stir up a 9 page thread with the sexist remarks. If it bothers you that much, play the championship courses. They speed you up or ask you to let people play through.
The OP says this isn't a blame-the-other-sex post, and then he blames women.
There are many brand-new golfers of both sexes playing the Executive courses.
If the slow play on Exec courses is causing you grief, why not play the Championship Courses?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:54 AM
Sage

If you can't afford to play the championship course:
play from the tips
carry a camera and take photos [that's what i do]
hit a second ball
play in the first morning group
go to the course while it's raining--and wait till it stops
walk more slowly
i'm thinking about listening to a book on tape---i can't remember the last time someone needed to yell fore
get to the course early and ask women if they need your help and advice to play more more quickly [let me know how that works out]
Old 07-24-2015, 01:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Interesting that few posters are interested in resolving an obvious problem on Exec. Courses:
Since you feel passionately about slow golfers on Exec courses, have you thought about becoming an Ambassador?
Then you could hustle those pesky women along!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:04 AM

escalate-jpg
Closed Thread

Tags
play, golf, slow, women, problem, ready, courses, tees, leaders, problem.cryin2, growing, call, players, office, complain, ambassador, rude, fear, members, group, attending, session.22yikes, good, issued, suggestion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.