Executive course access

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Question Executive course access

We made our lifestyle preview visit last week, and bought a home. I didn't bring my clubs, so I didn't play any golf. As we drove thru the villages, I couldn't quite determine how the executive courses are accessed.

Are the starter shacks accessible only by golf cart? It seemed like I saw starter shacks, but didn't notice any parking around them.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:39 PM

I haven't played even half of the courses, but it is my experience that very few have parking at the starter shack, but parking is relatively close by, usually at a rec. center. I am sure others will answer who have played more courses.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
We made our lifestyle preview visit last week, and bought a home. I didn't bring my clubs, so I didn't play any golf. As we drove thru the villages, I couldn't quite determine how the executive courses are accessed.

Are the starter shacks accessible only by golf cart? It seemed like I saw starter shacks, but didn't notice any parking around them.
Hi colts fan, we are too, being from Carmel. Executive courses are accessible only by golf cart and tines can be scheduled online, very easy.

Once you get down here if you want to play golf sometime let me know and I can help you.

Go colts
Old 09-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Sage
Default Executive course access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
...parking is relatively close by, usually at a rec. center...

That's my experience also. I will be parking at a rec center and using my push cart at a nearby executive course.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 09-11-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=rodie;936422]Hi colts fan, we are too, being from Carmel. Executive courses are accessible only by golf cart

Not true. Some have car parking. If you're not sure just call the starter shack. All of the numbers are on the Golf The Villages web site.
If you are walking you can rent a decent pull cart for a buck.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodie View Post
Hi colts fan, we are too, being from Carmel. Executive courses are accessible only by golf cart and tines can be scheduled online, very easy.

Once you get down here if you want to play golf sometime let me know and I can help you.

Go colts
I believe turtle mound is accessible via car. I think the road is Turtle Mound Path??? Correct me if I'm wrong. There is a parking lot adjacent to the course. Most of them have a rec center either next to them or very close by so access is easy.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

I can think of 20-25 that either have parking or are directly connected to a rec center. The others have no reasonable auto parking.

Here is the course web site.

Golf The Villages

You can also use google earth or mapquest to get an image of the area.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Eternal Member

There are a few that you can park a car right there. One that comes to mind is Chula Vista. They all have car parking close by.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.