Executive Courses

Old 01-08-2024, 12:34 PM
Sage

I was only speculating. Without knowing what they are trying to optimize, it is hard to say how the selection process works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
So, a large group would go to the front of the line and take up several prime tee times. I don't care for the sound of that.
Old 01-08-2024, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I am not at all surprised that your large groups got denied. Your foursome probably got denied because of a combination of accumulated points, and/or not enough latitude in time frame and courses.
Don't forget, guests are the like the black sheep of the family
Old 01-08-2024, 06:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Also, people circumvent the system by putting in people with no points and then switching the name to somebody with lots of points after they get a tee time.

The tee time system does catch up to those who abuse it but not immediately.

They could close this loophole by not allowing switching names during Jan-March.
Program is veeeery old and probably cannot be changed.
Old 01-09-2024, 04:38 AM

Take it a step farther . South of 44 and east of the turnpike 11 newly built neighbor hoods , Start with Chitty Chatty , end with Dabney , no executive course
Old 01-09-2024, 04:54 AM

Mickey Lee, Marshview and Richmond are empty almost every day. That should be a hint to the dev that one or two of them should be converted to an executive.
Old 01-09-2024, 05:46 AM

It’s a mess trying to get tee times!!! There is a huge excess demand for the number of executive courses and championship courses are not far behind. Just look at the huge number of homes south of 44 compared to only 5 executive courses!!! The developers are way behind the curve. And the few new Eastport courses will do little to alleviate the current crunch. Those new courses are already spoken for. Just watch! The developers have misread the enormous demand for golf in The Villages…sad but true no matter how insiders try and spin it…they have underdeveloped the number of courses in proportion to the massive number of homes added south of 44.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:19 AM
Veteran member

Are you putting in 20 courses with an 8 hour window? Who is checking the points of all players? Is the group leader controlling who many points players are getting? Do some players have no show cancellation points?

With all the growth south of 44 are there enough Executive Courses? If not, follow up with the higher powers.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:47 AM

Is it just me, I don't get the point of a 32 person group. A 16 person group maybe - even that seems a bit much. 32? Why? There aren't even enough golf cart parking spaces at starter boxes for most of the executive courses.

Sounds like that many in a "group" should be a Villages Entertainment planned "special event". 32 people seems a little all consuming of courses that are already making it difficult for people to share with the mass flood of tourists we now have flocking to the ABnB's in T V.

What do 32 people do on the course that makes it necessary to have consecutive tee times (aside from everyone welcome to play advertised events like you see occassionally out at the executive course in DeLuna) on a weekly basis ?

Does everyone wear matching club shirts or do they put a certain colored loofa on their golf bags? Does a 32 person group use blow horns to chit chat across the farways?

I get getting together socially like at a clubhouse or Beef O'Bradys to have a beer and share golf accomplishments etc but why on the course each week.

What am I missing here?

Me personally, I don't feel sorry for a group of 32 not being able to find a tee time everyweek. I am just positive a group of 32 is welcoming and friendly to lone parties of golfers out on the course.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 01-09-2024 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:47 AM
Smile points

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
There could be people in the group that has a lot of points. They add up all the points of everyone in the group.
So even though you may have zero points others having lots of points will spoil it for the whole group.

Whoever runs the group can be more mindful of people's points and those with more than 3 points should be left out.

I belong to golf clubs and we don't get tee times either so this time of year I usually just go out as a single which there is always something somewhere available.

Like today I playing Yankee Clipper as a single which is a hard course to get a tee time at this part of the year.

Nothing is going to stop me from feeding my golf addiction. lol.
I run a singles golf group and have been running it for going on 6 years. I tell all in my group that if you are sitting at 1 or 2 points when I put in the request you are safe if you have 3 points you are on the fence, if you have 4 points a big maybe, after that pretty much forget it. I use excel and make sure each team (4) has no more than 8 points total preferably only 7. I use a 2 and a half hour time frame and use 14 courses. In all the time I have been doing this my group has only been shut out 3 times. One of those was because I forgot to recheck point before I but the request in and a few had golfed the day before which will not show till the next day. Yes I hear there are those that cheat and I have heard they do get caught, GOOD! Note if I have a group of 3 I keep them a 6 points max or below. Should average out to 2 point per person per group. Average for all playing at about 1.75 points
Old 01-09-2024, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I have been here since 2021. The only courses that have opened in those three years have been Southern Oaks and two pitch & putt courses. Not one executive course.

Does anyone know the last time they built a new executive course? I know Red and Gray Fox opened in October 2017. Were any other courses built after that?
3 others you didn’t mention and 5 more executives being built now south of turnpike

Old 01-09-2024, 07:20 AM

You will have better luck on championship courses. And 9 holes before 8 am tee time is permitted
Old 01-09-2024, 07:25 AM

It’s the snowbirds. If they were year round residents, it be like this all year.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:26 AM

Be sure there are no guests in the request. I found this will be denied for sure.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
3 others you didn’t mention and 5 more executives being built now south of turnpike
I think Loblolly and Longleaf opened in 2018 and Lowlands opened in 2019 so it appears that it has been more than four years since they opened a new executive.

According to Wikipedia, the population was about 80,000 in 2020 and is now 145,000.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I believe, but not 100% sure, that the algorithm looks at average points in a group. The larger the group, the higher the chance that a few golfers have a high number of points that will bring the average up.
This is correct...average group points are what the computer uses to place groups/people who requested tee times. You can have a large group and if your group's average points are low (in the 2.0-2.5 range) you'll likely get your tee time. The system is set up to allow players who haven't played as much as others to get a slot. It's a fair system IMHO...although antiquated and a bit cumbersome to use...same system has been around for some 15-20 years.

Tags
group, executive, singles, courses, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.