Executive Courses

Old 01-09-2024, 07:57 AM
Sage

I don't golf----but have heard the time of day also matters.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
So, a large group would go to the front of the line and take up several prime tee times. I don't care for the sound of that.

A large group does not automatically go to the front of the line. It all depends on the group's average points compared to all the other requests average points. But yes, a large group with low points could go ahead of a small group with more points. The key is to keep your players points low so the group average is low...like 2.5 or less average group points. You have to remember a group is really a bunch of individual players put together in one request...no different than a foursome requesting a tee time. A smaller group may have a slightly better chance of getting a slot if a time is available in their group's average point scale, but larger groups have just as much right to tee times as small groups...since it all depends on points which reflect how many times the group's players have golfed in the last 7 days.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamorela View Post
I am a full-timer. I belong to 3 different executive course golf groups - T, W, Th. I normally do not play three days a week but since I had been gone for three weeks, I decided to try to get some golf in. One group is a large singles group about 32 people. One group is a singles group about 16 people, and the third group is a foursome. All 3 groups received “not able to accommodate request” responses. And, yes they put in for several courses and 7 days ahead. Who else is seeing this?
Try playing championship courses. No, they're not free, but part of the reason exec is so full is because it's free. My group plays only championship and have noticed a significant decrease in being busy/full this year on championships.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyhope View Post
It’s the snowbirds. If they were year round residents, it be like this all year.
I disagree. They don’t put in enough courses to account for peak usage—only average usage. If every villager lived here year round, they would have to build more infrastructure (including golf courses) to accommodate the total population. I suspect that if it were this bad year round then this would not be as attractive of a community and sales would suffer.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregP View Post
I run a singles golf group and have been running it for going on 6 years. I tell all in my group that if you are sitting at 1 or 2 points when I put in the request you are safe if you have 3 points you are on the fence, if you have 4 points a big maybe, after that pretty much forget it. I use excel and make sure each team (4) has no more than 8 points total preferably only 7. I use a 2 and a half hour time frame and use 14 courses. In all the time I have been doing this my group has only been shut out 3 times. One of those was because I forgot to recheck point before I but the request in and a few had golfed the day before which will not show till the next day. Yes I hear there are those that cheat and I have heard they do get caught, GOOD! Note if I have a group of 3 I keep them a 6 points max or below. Should average out to 2 point per person per group. Average for all playing at about 1.75 points
Very smart, thanks for the tips!
Old 01-09-2024, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

/// duplicate post...
Old 01-09-2024, 08:40 AM

I run a ladies group on T/F with about 20 people. I put in a 9-hr time range with the 5 courses south of 44. So far this season, we haven't been shut out. Can't wait for the 4 new execs coming south of 44!! My husband is in a men's group on Tuesdays with about 80 guys. It's a "registered" group (over 30 people) and they always get tee times. Might be in a couple of different courses, but they never get shut out. And yes, points do matter, especially cancellation/no-show points.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:42 AM

Could it be the new pitch and putt courses are not desirable?
Why else would Villagers who live way south of 466a drive more than 40 minutes in a golf course to play here?
Old 01-09-2024, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Yeah, Loblolly, Longleaf, and Lowlands.
There are 3 more executive as well as 3 championship course all planned for the area around Eastport. I know that doesn't help today but at least in the future more will be available south of 44.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:52 AM

When there was 85,000 people here, ( Before south of 44) We had 56 executive courses. Now we have 135,000 people here and have adding 5 Executive courses. Think about that, And when you were buying your home they sold you on “FREE GOLF”. What a bag of horse **** that is. Remember, This is not the “Same people” who started the Villages. This is the greedy kids.. Their Father, and Grandfather are rolling in their graves.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 596 Posts

The people north of 44 used to mock people that bought in the new section because there was no golf available in the new section - but we had great walking trails!

However, it doesn’t just hurt the people down south.

The lack of golf in the south is also impacting the people up north since people from the south are going north to play golf and are taking up a lot of those tee times.

It does look like the developer has recognized the problem and is doing something about it. A couple of years from now, when Eastport is finished, there should be (I think the number is) four new executives, and three new championship courses and a pitch and putt. It will be more than 100 holes but more than half will be championship.

I don’t think that will solve the problem but it is a step in the right direction.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:21 AM
Sage

With a 9-hour time window, I would suspect there is no amount of points that would prevent you from getting a tee time. The problem with denials is when you want a morning tee time, say between 8:30 and noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
I run a ladies group on T/F with about 20 people. I put in a 9-hr time range with the 5 courses south of 44. So far this season, we haven't been shut out. Can't wait for the 4 new execs coming south of 44!! My husband is in a men's group on Tuesdays with about 80 guys. It's a "registered" group (over 30 people) and they always get tee times. Might be in a couple of different courses, but they never get shut out. And yes, points do matter, especially cancellation/no-show points.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
When there was 85,000 people here, ( Before south of 44) We had 56 executive courses. Now we have 135,000 people here and have adding 5 Executive courses. Think about that, And when you were buying your home they sold you on “FREE GOLF”. What a bag of horse **** that is. Remember, This is not the “Same people” who started the Villages. This is the greedy kids.. Their Father, and Grandfather are rolling in their graves.
You shouldn’t post before morning coffee.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
Mickey Lee, Marshview and Richmond are empty almost every day. That should be a hint to the dev that one or two of them should be converted to an executive.
Brilliant idea on coversion - Richmond is an out-and-back 18, make it an EXEC! They also have ANOTHER Pich-n-Putt being built south of Turnpike near East Port. Very UNNECESSARY expense with Mickee Lee P-n-P 5 minutes away.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
What a bag of horse **** that is. . This is the greedy kids.. Their Father, and Grandfather are rolling in their graves.

Some people forget, daddy and granddaddy made $1,000,000,000.......that's a BILLION dollars long before daddy died.

Daddy & Granddaddy are celebrating in their graves (which for the record, it's impossible for them to roll)

Tags
group, executive, singles, courses, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.