Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2022, 02:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default "Golf Snob"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Really??? That's interesting.

But here's a story then. In 8 years I've played about 4 times on an exec usually with visitors. Last spring my son and 10 year old granddaughter were here so we played Palmetto. I had a letter from my pro certifying that she was OK to play even though she was under 14. The very nice lady at the starter shack was fine with it, but added "this is a level 3 course (whatever that means), so the girl might have trouble even from the front tees". My response was simple---"That shouldn't be a problem since she will be playing the black tees with the rest of us" She shot 34 never using more than a 6 iron.
is a term rarely used here in the villages, but I guess there will always be some folks who think their opinion(based on their experiences)is the last WORD. It's unfortunate that the game is supposed to teach us to be humble lest we upset the golf gods and be damned with an unpredictable case of the shanks or yips.

I don't think a person who keeps name dropping famous courses is anything but the opposite of what they portray.

There are many fine golfers here in the villages. I've played with few. none are braggarts or put down the value of exec. courses.
Old 10-28-2022, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
is a term rarely used here in the villages, but I guess there will always be some folks who think their opinion(based on their experiences)is the last WORD. It's unfortunate that the game is supposed to teach us to be humble lest we upset the golf gods and be damned with an unpredictable case of the shanks or yips.

I don't think a person who keeps name dropping famous courses is anything but the opposite of what they portray.

There are many fine golfers here in the villages. I've played with few. none are braggarts or put down the value of exec. courses.
Wow! Nice post, IF you had the slightest idea what you were talking about, and obviously you don't. Is it being suggested that I must apologize for the courses I've played across the country, or that I mentioned them in the context posed which was "difficult courses", or both??????
Or should I apologize for my granddaughter, who is on track to be better than I ever was----Oh, yeah---I told that story because YOU stated you never saw ANYONE play from the black tees.
And I never "bragged" about myself, but we all "brag" about our grandchildren.
But as far as opinion goes, I agree that I have a low opinion of exec courses---rarely need more than a wedge and a putter and their condition is usually terrible---but, as you said that's my opinion
Closed Thread

Tags
executive, courses, top, play, hoping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.