executive courses south of 466A

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Will 35 executive courses be enough during the busy winter season?
There is no plan B.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
There is no plan B.
You're right Bogie, there is not other plan. I actually have my doubts but I was looking for other opinions. Maybe the great and powerful wizard has it all figured out but I know how busy the present 29 courses were last year and we're nowhere near build out. We'll have to hope for the best.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:50 AM

The Sumpter County map of proposed development shows the exec courses around Evans Prarie as Palmetto, Mangrove, and Sweet Gum. The courses around Belle Glade will be Sarasota, Escambia, and Volusia. Evans Prarie is west of Buena Vista and the new Belle Glade championship will be east of Morris.

Seems like dates are a closley guarded secret.

Not there yet but will be soon!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Sage

Tentative dates for the execs south of 466A.

Palmetto - Fall 2012
Mangrove - Fall 2013
Sweetgum - Fall 2013

Sarasota - Fall 2014
Escambia - Fall 2014
Volusia - Fall 2014
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Sage

I personally don't see the winter population increase as a big problem. We have 3+ foursomes that played 5-6 days per week for the last year. All you need is a bit of planning, and a degree of flexibility regarding course/time. Thanks to TOTV, I was aware of this up front, and it was not a problem.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Sage

The only issue might be the incremental increase in population may exceed the associated build of the executive courses. Judging from the design meetings and the build load on the builders, they are growing faster than anticipated and the executive courses are not going to stay in balance with the increase in residence.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
The only issue might be the incremental increase in population may exceed the associated build of the executive courses. Judging from the design meetings and the build load on the builders, they are growing faster than anticipated and the executive courses are not going to stay in balance with the increase in residence.
I agree. Those that request 1-2 courses with a two hour window will have a hard time getting a tee time. Select a lot of courses with a wide window.....golf all winter.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Ratio of exec(29+6) to championship(10+3) will be going down, and the ratio of execs to dwellings will increase somewhat as well. The championship to dwelling ratio will go down some.

Country clubs are a revenue source and the lots on championship courses fetch a higher premium. Good business move by the developer.

It does appear from the tentative schedule the execs will be a little behind development for a year or so.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Gold member

My regular foursome usually got a tee time last winter. I always selected 12 courses. The only time we were skunked is when someone had a conflict and I only had a 3-4 hour window to work with. Larger groups such as our neighborhood group had major problems getting tee times last year. We selected every course in TV with a 6 hour window and were shut out many times. That was a group of 20+. We split the group in two and eliminated anyone with more than 4 points. It got better but we still were shut out repeatedly. Some of us went to Baseline just to get out.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I agree. Those that request 1-2 courses with a two hour window will have a hard time getting a tee time. Select a lot of courses with a wide window.....golf all winter.
Not quite so easy. I run a neighborhood golf group and last winter was shut out a number of times even though I had a 6 hour window and upwards of 17 courses. Our average point count (which is the determing factor) was about 2. Maybe to some, golfing twice a week is a lot, but two times a week on an executive course is really not much.

If the above information is correct, with only one additional exec course being opened this year but with thousands of new residents contending for it, I see it only getting worse. Additionally, after determing the final number of courses, the developer has added a significant number of houses to the ultimate build-out size of TV. The Mission Hills area was originally supposed to be commercial. As of this May they acquired an area around Lake Deaton which is roughly 1.5 times the size of the village of Hemingway.

I love just about everything about TV, but the lack of tee times on exec courses during the winter is becoming a problem and will likely get worse.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
Not quite so easy. I run a neighborhood golf group and last winter was shut out a number of times even though I had a 6 hour window and upwards of 17 courses. Our average point count (which is the determing factor) was about 2. Maybe to some, golfing twice a week is a lot, but two times a week on an executive course is really not much.

If the above information is correct, with only one additional exec course being opened this year but with thousands of new residents contending for it, I see it only getting worse. Additionally, after determing the final number of courses, the developer has added a significant number of houses to the ultimate build-out size of TV. The Mission Hills area was originally supposed to be commercial. As of this May they acquired an area around Lake Deaton which is roughly 1.5 times the size of the village of Hemingway.

I love just about everything about TV, but the lack of tee times on exec courses during the winter is becoming a problem and will likely get worse.
I'm not a golfer, but I understand those who are concerned about the courses south of 466A. Just wondering --what is TV planning on doing with the land around Lake Deaton which is roughly 1.5 times the size of the Village of Hemingway? More homes?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Sage

I have little sympathy for these large neighborhood groups not getting tee-times. Why not split them up over 2-3 days. 40 golfers playing one course on the same day makes not sense.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum member

Our neighborhood group had a bear of a time getting tee times last winter and adding one additional exec course for next winter is not going to help. We split our groups into foursomes and spread out on different courses and met up after to eat together. The poor guy that handles this was going nuts.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I have little sympathy for these large neighborhood groups not getting tee-times. Why not split them up over 2-3 days. 40 golfers playing one course on the same day makes not sense.
Well, in our case it's only 8 - 12 golfers and splitting them up doesn't really help. The computer takes average point totals for the group into account - so it doesn't matter if it is three different foursome groups with an average point total of 2 points each or one group of 12 golfers with the same average ... the system treats them both the same.

The bottom line is that regardless the size of the group, as long as the point totals average more than 2, there will be problems on some of the winter days. Which, getting back to the OP, says that there are not enough exec courses to cover the winter demand and that the problem will get worse with time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.