Executive golf access

Old 01-07-2024, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
I would say the real problem are you people between 466A and 44! You have fewer executive holes of golf than we have south of 44 yet almost an equal number of homes! And with the announced new executive courses west of the turnpike, we're going to have to build a wall along 44 to keep the hoards of golfers from coming south.
I am totally confused. Is TV divided into sections where certain facilities and amenities belong only to those living in that section? If so, I want a partial refund on my Monthly Amenity Fee. As far as I was told, they cover the entire Villages and not a certain region or section.
Old 01-07-2024, 09:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,323 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
. We've tried to get on Briarwood a few times since Dec. 1 and found it to be impossible: all booked up. In fairness it has only been a few times and maybe it was just the time we were looking, but Briarwood is reputed to be in gorgeous condition after it's months-long makeover this summer and fall.
Briarwood has not reopened.

The ribbon-cutting is set for 9 a.m. Jan. 16 for the Briarwood Executive Golf Course. The meeting place will be 8501 SE 172nd Legacy Lane.
Old 01-07-2024, 09:42 PM
Sage

That is true only if you count the "pitch and putt" courses.

Quote:
I would say the real problem are you people between 466A and 44! You have fewer executive holes of golf than we have south of 44 yet almost an equal number of homes! And with the announced new executive courses west of the turnpike, we're going to have to build a wall along 44 to keep the hoards of golfers from coming south.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
That is true only if you count the "pitch and putt" courses.
GolfTheVillages calls them Executive courses! So there are currently 99 executive holes of golf south of 44 and 63 between 466A and 44.

And with the 72 championship holes and addition 36 executive holes that have been announced for west of the turnpike, I'd say we're in pretty good shape down here.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:39 AM
Sage

There are 36 Executives (not pitch and putt courses) north of 44. 20 of them are within a 20 minute golf cart ride of my house. 6 of the Championship courses are also within a 20 minute golf cart ride of my house. I do play the 5 Executive courses (not pitch and putt courses) south of 44 but they are always at the bottom of my tee time request list. In the time it takes to get to Gray Fox and Red Fox south of 44, I can get to another 12 Executive courses north of 44. The remaining 4 Executives north of 44 are far enough away that I would typically drive my car to them instead of taking the golf cart. In summary, I can conveniently get to 32 Executive courses north of 44 and 5 Executive courses south of 44. Contrary to what you suggested in your earlier post, I have convenient access to much more golf north of 44 than south of 44 and it will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Also, you can try to call the 3 pitch and putt courses south of 44 "executives" but I believe anyone with a modicum of skill wouldn't. I suspect a lot of the play on the pitch and putt "courses" is from people who have had their tee time request denied and practicing 50 yard shots is better than nothing.

Quote:
GolfTheVillages calls them Executive courses! So there are currently 99 executive holes of golf south of 44 and 63 between 466A and 44.

And with the 72 championship holes and addition 36 executive holes that have been announced for west of the turnpike, I'd say we're in pretty good shape down here.

Last edited by biker1; 01-08-2024 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,323 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

If GolfThe villages started calling executive courses championship courses, would that make them championship courses? And if they started calling the putting courses executive courses, would that make them executives?

And you forgot to mention the fifth executive on the west side of the turnpike - the new 18 hole pitch and putt.

Once these are built, it should ease the demand for golf north of 44. However, if you live in Lake Denham or Dabney, it will be a long ways by golf cart to these courses. Hopefully they will build some executives east of the turnpike and south of 470 for people living there.

And we aren’t in good shape until the new courses are built and open.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
As it gets more and more difficult to get tee times on the Executive courses it made me think. Between 466 and 44, if my numbers are correct, there are 22 Executive courses. In the area south of 44 there are currently 5, with 4 more in some stage of development. That is 9 courses in the newer areas serving a population that is approaching, and eventually likely exceeding, the population of the areas between 466 and 44. Do the developers believe that the newer residents are less golf oriented, or do they simply want to retain more land for residential use? Did Harold overbuild Executive golf, or does the current generation have a different planning model? Of course, no matter what the reason, we have no control over the situation, but it does seem that the model has changed. Just curious!
Another way to create more demand for the regular golf courses which are in the control of the developer.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Build More?

Heck, are they even permitted to water the courses they have now?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Tags
executive, golf, courses, newer, population

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.