Executive Golf Course Sand Traps...

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Default Executive Golf Course Sand Traps...

People, please rake the sand trap after you have hit your shot... And it doesn't matter the time of day there are people playing behind you until dark.. There is really no excuse. Oh, and by the way, sand your divot and repair your ball mark on the green...
Old 11-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholman66 View Post
People, please rake the sand trap after you have hit your shot... And it doesn't matter the time of day there are people playing behind you until dark.. There is really no excuse. Oh, and by the way, sand your divot and repair your ball mark on the green...
AMEN...thank you!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Same request for Championship courses Please! And after you rake your sand trap shots please leave the rake IN THE TRAP.
May as well be specific regarding "sand your divot" this rule applies only to fairway shots. New golfers may not understand and I would hate to see sand piles on the greens. Just thought I'd clarify.
Its sad to see so many ball marks and scuff marks on the greens.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
I second this! So called "golfers" that don't do these as a courtesy to us that do, make me .
Old 11-13-2014, 07:06 AM
Sage
Default Good luck - BIG PET PEAVE

Use two hands on the rake!

Saw a guy (from a distance) at Mallory last Friday hit out of fairway trap, then walk out dragging the rake behind him with one hand. When I played the hole I looked in the trap and sure enough, one rake trail PARALLEL to his foot trail. . I took 30 seconds and raked it out as someone would have had no shot if they got in there.

If you see someone do this in your group say something. Be polite, but be sure they learn how to leave a bunker.

I have given up complaining about executive course traps so I have new rules. IMO. There are USGA rules, local rules and Alan's 'executive course' rules. Although not many, one Alan rule is if you are in a foot print from some , take relief.

I remember my Dad always telling me. When returning a tool you have borrowed, clean it up better than when you got it. That applies here, make the bunker smoother than when you first stepped in.

Last edited by ajbrown; 11-13-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

where does one get the sand for their sand bottle....don't attack I'm new (to The Villages) and learning the ropes
Old 11-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
where does one get the sand for their sand bottle....don't attack I'm new (to The Villages) and learning the ropes
There is usually always a sand box located next to or close to the starter shack of whatever course you are playing.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Sage

Yes, it's frustrating seeing unraked footprints in the traps. I treat them like unrepaired ball marks on the greens. If I have time after I've played out of the bunker, I rake not only my prints ( don't forget to smooth over your divot and the crater your ball made when it hit the sand initially) but nearby unrepaired damage. If I putt out first and have time, I'll go into a trap and repair some footprints or damage from people entering/exiting from the high side instead of the low side. All the extra work is done IF I won't hold up play.

I was always taught to leave the course better than I found it.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
There is usually always a sand box located next to or close to the starter shack of whatever course you are playing.
thanks!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:57 PM

Biggest gripes covered well. It all comes down to common courtesy and good golf etiquette. I think all new residents should attend good golf school as a prerequisite for obtaining their trail pass for executive golf courses.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Sand traps are high maintenance on all golf courses. I sometimes wonder what the "designer" was thinking with so many sand traps. It's not that the traps are difficult but rather they are high maintenance. As a general rule, we seniors don't like "high maintenance"!

A friend of mine tells a true story regarding a golfer who ask why the ambassadors weren't doing a better job of raking the sand traps for us golfers. Funny but sad because the golfer was serious.
It is sad that I have to fix two or three ball marks on every green. It would be nice if at least one was mine! Fore!
Old 11-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Sand traps are high maintenance on all golf courses. I sometimes wonder what the "designer" was thinking with so many sand traps. It's not that the traps are difficult but rather they are high maintenance. As a general rule, we seniors don't like "high maintenance"!

A friend of mine tells a true story regarding a golfer who ask why the ambassadors weren't doing a better job of raking the sand traps for us golfers. Funny but sad because the golfer was serious.
It is sad that I have to fix two or three ball marks on every green. It would be nice if at least one was mine! Fore!
The greens on Yankee Clipper today were like a carpet, simply beautiful! The sand in the traps was like sugar!
Old 11-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Instructors in person, in news articles tell you to take at least one practice shot before you strike the ball. All courses here ask that you repair divotsand rake the traps. But all courses also tell you to play ready golf. What do you do hen these instructions conflict? What do yo do when you see these infractions but become accustom to course employees who can't or won't address these infractions? When is it up to a player? Why should a player be forced into a position that may cause golf rage?

I do repair divots. I do rake traps. I do play ready golf. I don't force my good habits on other golfers
Old 11-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Instructors in person, in news articles tell you to take at least one practice shot before you strike the ball. All courses here ask that you repair divotsand rake the traps. But all courses also tell you to play ready golf. What do you do hen these instructions conflict? What do yo do when you see these infractions but become accustom to course employees who can't or won't address these infractions? When is it up to a player? Why should a player be forced into a position that may cause golf rage?

I do repair divots. I do rake traps. I do play ready golf. I don't force my good habits on other golfers
Ready golf simply means that you don't have to hit in turn as normally dictated by who is away.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Platinum member

Welcome to rental season !!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.