Financial penalty for missing exec tee time during high season?

View Poll Results: Do you support a financial penalty for missing executive tee time during high season?
YES 26 20.63%
NO 100 79.37%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2024, 09:48 AM

The issue I have seen as a starter is couples getting tee times with two guests. Then, of course, the “guests” can’t make it. The couple get to play by themselves. There are no points assigned for a guest no show.

Golfers that don’t show up for their tee time are assigned points for a no show or cancel. That system works. It is the no show of guests that needs to change.
Old 02-10-2024, 09:49 AM

Irs good for those who decide to play that day. The real issue is are there open tee times at the end of the day? And the answer is: no, there aren't any open tee times this time of year.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:08 AM

I think that the tee time points system that The Villages came up with, way before many of you moved here is a very good system. If you don’t show, you get 3 points, and if you cancel before midnight you get 2 points, and if you show up and play you get 1 point on Executive Courses. Go by the rules, and don’t worry about others. I watch my points, been doing it since 2007, and seem to play when and where I want. The Developer has done a great job, just follow the rules!
Old 02-10-2024, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parteeinga View Post
The issue I have seen as a starter is couples getting tee times with two guests. Then, of course, the “guests” can’t make it. The couple get to play by themselves. There are no points assigned for a guest no show.

Golfers that don’t show up for their tee time are assigned points for a no show or cancel. That system works. It is the no show of guests that needs to change.
For any group, host is responsible for group. Guests don't show, points for no show go to the host. And, starter can fill any vacancy with available singles or doubles. Make the penalty enough that folks will think twice before trying to cheat the system.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
There’s a recent post from a starter, where 20 people did not show up for a tee time, times 40 executives, that’s 800 slots.

What if there was a financial penalty if you do not cancel by midnight the night before?
No need to determine if it’s $25 or $100. But the concept?
If 20 people were no shows that means their Request turned into a Reservation. Therefore they wasted 20 slots, or 5 foursome slots not 800. They got penalized points which drops them farther down in queue for next the next week if trying to put in Requests. The TeeTime System works great as it is. You are suggesting a nightmare. Bad weather is a historically legitimate reason to cancel golf.

Last edited by jimmy o; 02-10-2024 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 02-10-2024, 03:14 PM
Default Reason for no-shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
There’s a recent post from a starter, where 20 people did not show up for a tee time, times 40 executives, that’s 800 slots.

What if there was a financial penalty if you do not cancel by midnight the night before?
No need to determine if it’s $25 or $100. But the concept?
I would be curious when the no-shows happened. My wife and I have been no-shows recently in the cold weather or when it's raining etc. We used to call the course when we were not going to make it so someone else might be able to slip into out slot BUT still got assessed a penalty point so why bother calling.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Well that certainly is a much more logical "punishment" than imposing monetary "fines" in this type of senior community. I'd even say as many as ten days of revoking the privilege of making advanced reservations would not be unreasonable. But the trouble with this type of thing is it would require an entire plan for "refereeing and reviewing individual cases; like a person who missed the tee time because they passed out due to blood sugar and were taken to ER, but after treatment and insulin adjustment, was perfectly fine to return to normal activities.
Right now if you miss a slot you're given 3 points, maybe a simpler solution would be make it 7 points that would essentially put them at the back of the line for the next 7 days. There seems to be a current system in place that the cancellation points is at the discretion of the starter, so reasonable proof of said emergency should be enough to not be penalized.
Old 02-10-2024, 06:56 PM
Veteran member
Default Cancellation with no-show or failure to call starter shack should be in a different c

I cannot find a whole lot of reasons that you would cancel a reservation you know you had at least 24 hours in advance. I can find absolutely no reason why you didn't have the common courtesy to at least call the starter shack and let them know you would not be there. For those that do and yes there are many of them… 6 points and those points stay on the books for 15 days.
Old 02-10-2024, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbrafford View Post
I would be curious when the no-shows happened. My wife and I have been no-shows recently in the cold weather or when it's raining etc. We used to call the course when we were not going to make it so someone else might be able to slip into out slot BUT still got assessed a penalty point so why bother calling.
So others could get the opportunity to take the slot?????
Old 02-10-2024, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
So others could get the opportunity to take the slot?????
Yes. Also, simple courtesy to give starters a heads up so they are not looking for you.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbrafford View Post
Easy answer, common courtesy. It’s not all about yourself.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:24 AM

1st - 20 no shows on one course does not equate to 20 for each course just as 2 holes in one at one course does not equate to 80 for all courses!
2nd -If I get diarrhea an hour before my tee time, where do I get a note?
3rd - if I see lightning 30. minutes before my tee time, should I be obligated to play even though the course is not closed?

Tags
penalty, financial, time, tee, midnight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.