Churchill Greens
De La Vista
Heron
Mira Mesa
Saddlebrook
Silver Lake
Turtle Mound
Walnut Grove

A golf scramble is fun recreation and a great way to meet friends. Residents over the age of 45 in The Villages of all skill levels are welcome to join in the fun.

Registration to play may be done through the Tee Time System, either by telephone or utilizing www.TheVillages.net. Men may register Tuesday—Thursday to play Tuesday of the following week. Ladies may register Wednesday—Friday to play Wednesday of the following week.. An entry fee of $2.00 is paid at the time of play. Payment may be in the form of cash.

Format for play is Select-Shot Scramble with teams randomly paired each week. Starting of play is organized into Shotgun Starts throughout the day on each respective course. To help ensure an enjoyable experience, please review the rules and information brochure.

Those who make a reservation for the following week may view the pairings and starting times displayed at the respective starter shed by Saturday at noon for men and Sunday at noon for ladies of the week prior to the play day. Pairings may also be viewed at Executive Golf Trail Pairings.

Prize money is awarded in golf shop credit and is paid for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams from each flight.

Learn more about the The Villages Golf Shop Credit System
Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfierle View Post
Ladies Day info:

Men's and Ladies Day

Tuesday is Men's Day Wednesday is Ladies' Day at the following courses:

Churchill Greens
De La Vista
Heron
Mira Mesa
Saddlebrook
Silver Lake
Turtle Mound
Walnut Grove

A golf scramble is fun recreation and a great way to meet friends. Residents over the age of 45 in The Villages of all skill levels are welcome to join in the fun.

Registration to play may be done through the Tee Time System, either by telephone or utilizing www.TheVillages.net. Men may register Tuesday—Thursday to play Tuesday of the following week. Ladies may register Wednesday—Friday to play Wednesday of the following week.. An entry fee of $2.00 is paid at the time of play. Payment may be in the form of cash.

Format for play is Select-Shot Scramble with teams randomly paired each week. Starting of play is organized into Shotgun Starts throughout the day on each respective course. To help ensure an enjoyable experience, please review the rules and information brochure.

Those who make a reservation for the following week may view the pairings and starting times displayed at the respective starter shed by Saturday at noon for men and Sunday at noon for ladies of the week prior to the play day. Pairings may also be viewed at Executive Golf Trail Pairings.

Prize money is awarded in golf shop credit and is paid for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams from each flight.

Learn more about the The Villages Golf Shop Credit System
Thanks for the info. I appreciate your patience with my dumb questions.
I've only been playing for a couple of years with a weekly group and I'm really a novice.
I assume Ladies Day is not for beginners, I don't even understand some of the terms.
What the heck is a select-shot scramble and a shotgun start?
If pairings are random, how would you know what time to book a reservation?
Is there a website that explains this because I'm obviously not understanding the concept.

P.S. Oh, never mind.
I just looked at golfthevillages.com and looked at pairings for 9/24 on Churchill Greens.
They are all at 7:45 AM!
I am Not an early-morning person, so that eliminates me.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:17 PM

You can be a beginner and play Ladies Day at the exec courses.
A scramble means that you all play a shot from the same spot.
For instance, everyone drives off the tee. You all then decide which
is the best ball hit off the tee and you all play your next shot from that
spot and continue doing so until the ball is holed.
Obviously, on the exec courses, most of the second shots will be
putts and you will all putt from the same spot.
Even if the best shot has not reached the green, it will more than
likely be a short chip shot and you will all chip from the same spot.

Just sign up for Ladies Day and when you get there, it will all be explained
to you.

I think you will have fun. Just do it, as the ad says
Old 09-20-2014, 09:25 PM

I just read the rest of your post about not wanting to play early in the morning.
I share your feelings. I am an afternoon golfer all year round.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.