Are We Blessed - Or What?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2020, 05:32 PM
Default Are We Blessed - Or What?

Seriously. We are blessed living in TV. Even on a bad day for us - it would be a GREAT day for 99.9% of the people in the world. At some time everyday, I find myself saying to myself "I'm so lucky I found this place." Scheduling golf so easy here! If I want to make new friends, booking myself solo with a group going out has almost always been a great experience. Booking a few times each week to play with close friends is awesome; if we play badly, there is always breakfast or lunch together to look forward to. Granted - I'm terrible at golf - but - it gets me out of the house - keeps me active - and socially it is fun. Wish I learned this game before retirement. BUT, better late than never. So thank you God - for leading me by accident to discover The Villages. And yes, I really enjoy this frustrating game of golf.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
Seriously. We are blessed living in TV. Even on a bad day for us - it would be a GREAT day for 99.9% of the people in the world. At some time everyday, I find myself saying to myself "I'm so lucky I found this place." Scheduling golf so easy here! If I want to make new friends, booking myself solo with a group going out has almost always been a great experience. Booking a few times each week to play with close friends is awesome; if we play badly, there is always breakfast or lunch together to look forward to. Granted - I'm terrible at golf - but - it gets me out of the house - keeps me active - and socially it is fun. Wish I learned this game before retirement. BUT, better late than never. So thank you God - for leading me by accident to discover The Villages. And yes, I really enjoy this frustrating game of golf.
I agree 100%.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Any problems here are really very first world squared problems. And peeps should be very thankful that they have a place like the villages to go to retirement day camp.

sportsguy
Old 10-21-2020, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

so true
Old 10-21-2020, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

not a lot to complain about living in The Villages when you stop and look at what's happening around the world and in other parts of the US
Old 10-21-2020, 10:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Totally agree
Old 10-22-2020, 04:42 AM

What a great place to live.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:50 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

I’m with you all the way. There’s no Garden of Eden but TV comes really close.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:34 AM

If you’re not living in The Villages you’re just camping out.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:36 AM
Default So refreshing!

Thank you for the upbeat message, and the reminder to be grateful for all that we have here! Wishing you and everyone great days every day!
Old 10-22-2020, 05:54 AM

Totally agree. Its so nice to see a positive post for a change. This place is my little slice of heaven.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Be thankful. Your next breath is someone else's last. Don't worry about things you can't control.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Some old people here will always be complaining about something that, in the long run, is really meaningless. For the most part and for the majority of people, this place is truly the best place to retire than anywhere else that we could ever hope for or desire.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:41 AM
Smile

Quote:
ProfessorDave, you could not have said it any better!! Every day, I wake up and I praise G-d for my blessings. Thanks for posting this.

Last edited by soniak4@gmail.com; 10-22-2020 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Originally stated wrong.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:50 AM

Awesome message! I think you are 100% right. No place is perfect, but this is by FAR the closest thing I’ve found to it. I love it here, & the only thing that might make it better for me is if I can get a couple of my buddies back home in Michigan to move here too. Thanks for your post!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, friends, booking, play, game

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.