Friendly players

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Cool Friendly players

Okay so we are not great golf players on the executive course. You were not happy with our game and chose not to shake hands at the end. Whatever happened to Florida's Friendlist Hometown.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

It's a marketing slogan.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Veteran member

2 people out of 115k didn't shake your hand after a golf game and it isn't friendly. mmmk.
You probably aren't going to like it here. There are actually more than 2 rude people here.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Platinum member

With 100,000+ residents, your going to have nitwits. Don't paint everyone with a broad brush
Old 11-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
With 100,000+ residents, your going to have nitwits. Don't paint everyone with a broad brush
The rude and crude are isolated cases in the overall.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigal View Post
Okay so we are not great golf players on the executive course. You were not happy with our game and chose not to shake hands at the end. Whatever happened to Florida's Friendlist Hometown.
Perhaps the other players didn't mean to be unfriendly. Did you have a dispute during the game?
I've found that usually people in The Villages are quite congenial, and I think you'll find the same.
Perhaps the other golfers were just focused on eating or getting to happy hour, or they were late for an event.

Last edited by Barefoot; 11-29-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
It might have been a good thing.

If they had shook your hands and you go to lunch, or their home, and find out then that they are jerks...you would have wasted a lot more time.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:43 PM
Platinum member

Invoking the two sides to every story clause, I would say that if you made the round extra long by taking mulligans, lining up six inch putts, counting your strokes while standing on the green after everyone has holed out, carded quintuple bogies, etc, the person who did not shake your hand was showing remarkable restraint.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
You just joined TOTV, when did you move to TV?
Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Abigail:

This time of year I choose not to shake hand because there are too many nasty bugs going around.

However it doesn't prevent me from acknowledging my pleasure to have met their acquaintance.

And I am old fashioned enough to still tip my hat to a lady. and so I tip my hat to you.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-30-2016, 07:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

It's quite possible the other players were having a tiff between themselves and had nothing to do with you. I wouldn't give it another thought.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Sage

Just a thought...maybe you expected the hand-shake on the green and thought they were ignoring you by walking off?

Friendly exchanges after golf shouldn't be done on the last green. But for 'strangers', how to meet up for a quick hand shake off the green is not always obvious.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Invoking the two sides to every story clause, I would say that if you made the round extra long by taking mulligans, lining up six inch putts, counting your strokes while standing on the green after everyone has holed out, carded quintuple bogies, etc, the person who did not shake your hand was showing remarkable restraint.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Abigal, I hope you come on again and explain what happened to make you think the other players were not happy with your game.
It might be a learning experience for a lot of us.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
That's READY GOLF in the Villages!
Closed Thread

Tags
players, hands, shake, chose, game

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.