Golf Ambassadors

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Gold member

///

Last edited by TheVillageChicken; 11-05-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Slow play is mainly due to ,for lack of a better word, "inconsiderate" or "uneducated folks. You see as long as you are keeping up with the group in front of you things will be fine. Things that can help speed up play are ..leaving the greens when you're done...carry your clubs in your hand to the cart..don't put them away until you reach the next tee box. This is also the time you can mark your score card and discuss amongst your playing partners where you're going for dinner. Make sure you park your cart behind the green and walk off the green towards your cart. Parking your cart halfway between tee & green then going back for it after you finish the hole slows play considerably. Also as stated previously in this & many similar threads pick up after double par.
Yes-Yes_yes
Old 11-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mulligan. I want to thank you again, for your patience and for remaining on the job here. I couldn't do what you are doing and I couldn't be a server here.

There are so many selfish and demanding seniors that I would quit in five minutes.

I have yet to meet an Ambassador on any of our golf courses here who wasn't helpful, very much on the job and every one of them knows golf well and are veteran golfers themselves. They are gentleman and ladies with very engaging personalities and groups I have been in have been reminded gently to speed it up. (I want everyone to know that slow play wasn't my fault)

Thank you Mulligan. Don't quit!!!!!! But I want to ask.... Are you allowed to eject people from the course? I never thought so...
Thank you for your kind words Gracie. We are trained to assess a slow play situation, and do what we can to speed up play. We are advised to step away from confrontation, and call a manager. The management will back us up 100% if we have taken the proscribed steps to resolve the situation. That may include ejection from the course, and suspension of the offender's ID number depending on the severity of the situation. Ambassadors who feel they have been abused are encouraged to report such to management.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:39 PM

I appreciate golfers who are considerate of others and keep the pace going
Old 11-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Thank you for your kind words Gracie. We are trained to assess a slow play situation, and do what we can to speed up play. We are advised to step away from confrontation, and call a manager. The management will back us up 100% if we have taken the proscribed steps to resolve the situation. That may include ejection from the course, and suspension of the offender's ID number depending on the severity of the situation. Ambassadors who feel they have been abused are encouraged to report such to management.
Thank you!
Too often folks forget that most of you are our neighbors!!
Old 11-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Sage

Just one more 'thanks!!' to the Ambassadors.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
off topic
What is the fine for going in a restricted area, a conservation area? The proper name escapes me.
There are warnings but the posted warnings I've seen seem like a slap on the wrist.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Sage

Violation/penalties can vary with each individual permit.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:37 PM

It's a shame that all residents who wish to golf don't take the Good Golf session offered by The Villages, although I am sure that many believe that Ready Golf doesn't apply to them. Case in Point: I play in Friday league on the executive courses. A few weeks ago, as our group was heading out, the ambassador stopped us and said that he hoped we had a lot to talk about that day. We looked at him quizzically, and he told us that there were 8 foursomes ahead of us (virtually the entire course) and they were playing 'worst ball'! Don't ask how how it is played, but we waited and waited and waited on every hole! The ambassador told us that he had no control over how people choose to play the game i.e., best ball, worst ball, etc. we suggested that he might want to bring this to the attention of the golf management.
The delay did not prevent us from enjoying the beautiful day, we just had to wait a little longer to get to lunch!
Life is (still) good!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Violation/penalties can vary with each individual permit.
I don't know what that means.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I don't know what that means.
Nothing mysterious or anything, but maybe I'm not understanding your original question. If you're asking about permit requirements, restrictions, violations, etc., each wetland, preservation, development site, etc. has a specific permit associated with it. Each permit (County, SWFWMD, FDEP, etc.) can impose different restrictions on the site for which the permit applies. There is no "standard" set that applies to all sites.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Nothing mysterious or anything, only that each wetland, preservation, development site, etc. has a specific permit associated with it. Each permit (County, SWFWMD, FDEP, etc.) can impose different restrictions on the site for which the permit applies. There is no "standard" set that applies to all sites.
No worries if you stay out!
Old 12-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Kudos to the ambassadors, they have their hands tied. If they try and enforce anything some idiots who thinks they are above the rest of us will complain and the ambassador will be fired.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djembe dude View Post
Kudos to the ambassadors, they have their hands tied. If they try and enforce anything some idiots who thinks they are above the rest of us will complain and the ambassador will be fired.
Ambassadors have posted on TOTV, that this is not true.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Dear mulligan: I have lived here for over 9 years and what you say rings true. I often play as a single and have been teamed up with players that have been very confrontational and rude to ambassadors turning the air blue with their foul language, etc. This has happened more than once in my presence and on both championship and executive courses.

The issue isn't which tee you play from as much as your cooperation in playing ready golf, applying the Callaway rule (in the pocket after two-three-four strokes on executive courses and moving on. Its not standing over the ball like in a trance and remembering that your group is probably thinking "while I'm still young". too long over the ball almost guarantees a bad shot.No the big issue boils down to lack of etiquette
Closed Thread

Tags
ambassadors, golf, pace, playing, slow, holes, hole, minutes, tees, front, play, people, nice, group, mentioned, ambassador, casually, water, picking, open, balls, spaced, pick, authority, rake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.