Golf Cart riders on championship courses

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Default Golf Cart riders on championship courses

Hi....is it really mandatory that two people ride together in a golf cart on the championship courses. I am new to the Villages,and , I like to stock my cart with plenty of food , water..and extra golf balls - no room for anothers items. I was told that riding alone was not permited , and , if you do you MUST stick to the cart paths...IS THIS REALLY TRUE ...Could someone please advise ...THANK YOU
Old 05-14-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanzione View Post
Hi....is it really mandatory that two people ride together in a golf cart on the championship courses. I am new to the Villages,and , I like to stock my cart with plenty of food , water..and extra golf balls - no room for anothers items. I was told that riding alone was not permited , and , if you do you MUST stick to the cart paths...IS THIS REALLY TRUE ...Could someone please advise ...THANK YOU
Here is your answer

http://golfthevillages.com/turftalk/...%20traffic.pdf
Old 05-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanzione View Post
yep except the rule is number of carts, nothing to do with riding alone. If you take three carts two of the carts may leave the path and it doesn't have to be the same two. We have done three and our rule was that the poor soul that put his ball the farthest from the path would go their ball and the one closest to the path would park and walk to their ball. If everyone was on the wrong side someone would play their shot as cart path only. For me, picking up a fourth is a great way to meet other golfers and people.....not a bad thing.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-14-2015, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Plenty of food, water and golf balls? How much room can that take?
Old 05-19-2015, 08:26 AM

I just get embarrassed because I don't play much....I'm not anti social AT ALL !!!
Old 05-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

The riding alone issue comes up frequently when one of the golfers is a smoker. It has surprised me how often I have encountered this when our group is less than a foursome and another golfer picks up the vacant spot. The situation that really surprises me Vs. statistics of smoker / non smokers is the frequency of cigar smokers I have encountered on the championship courses. I think it maybe kind of a ritual type thing of getting full enjoyment out of a round of golf on the big boys course.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The only compromise I've had to make when playing golf in TV is the cooler. At first I would use the cooler on my cart, but when you need to move to another cart that big plastic cooler is kind of a problem. I use a soft side insulated 12 can cooler for drinks and other foods. It's lighter and easier to fit into a cart basket and generally holds more.

If you have a really nice cart, you'll probably end up doing most of the driving. If it's a normal cart, you'll be 50/50 riding and driving. After a while, you'll get spoiled and want to ride in others' carts more often. There are some really neat carts out there and if it's electric, it's quiet. What's really unique, is my cart is a Ravens cart and I've had Steelers' fans ride with me 3 or 4 times, and I've riden in Steelers and Browns carts.

Last edited by John_W; 05-19-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.