Golf Cart Sharing

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2023, 10:55 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
People seem to have forgotten that this rule of 2 carts per 4 players was the way of life BEFORE Covid. We all grew up playing golf before 2020 with this practice not being a problem, but all of a sudden it is now a problem????? I guess it's true, as you age you tend to have selective memory loss.
Actually it's not selective memory.................before COVID the "rule" might have been 2 per 4, but if you wanted a third cart in a foursome, no big deal.....it was okay.

That's way I say, "The new policy appears to be more restrictive than before COVID".
Three, even four, carts per foursome was allowed pre COVID......just not many did it.

Last edited by dewilson58; 10-24-2023 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-24-2023, 11:00 AM
Veteran member

If you are on the same reservation then isn’t it assumed you know who you are playing with? Why wouldn’t you share a cart unless they are sick or smoking?
Old 10-24-2023, 11:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
If you are on the same reservation then isn’t it assumed you know who you are playing with? Why wouldn’t you share a cart unless they are sick or smoking?
Personally, I have all my golf stuff in my cart, range finder, repair tool, extra balls, etc.
I’ve moved into another cart, and always seem to forget something.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Here's another quirk. Four players. One plays blue tees, two play white and one plays green tees. Two carts. Tee off, move forward. Tee off, move forward. Tee off, move forward. Then the ambassador says your group is running slow. Well, yeah. Why duh ya think that is? Three carts can play at a quicker pace.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Here's another quirk. Four players. One plays blue tees, two play white and one plays green tees. Two carts. Tee off, move forward. Tee off, move forward. Tee off, move forward. Then the ambassador says your group is running slow. Well, yeah. Why duh ya think that is? Three carts can play at a quicker pace.
Can I pile on????..................We had this happen, but I will use your example.
The blue tee golfer's cart was the first in line.
After blue teed off, the white tee golfer drove around the blue cart, part way on the grass.
The Ambass informed us, all carts must stay on the path at tee boxes.
So the Ambass wanted us to all stay in line and only move up as a group.

Old 10-24-2023, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Personally, I have all my golf stuff in my cart, range finder, repair tool, extra balls, etc.
Old 10-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
People seem to have forgotten that this rule of 2 carts per 4 players was the way of life BEFORE Covid. We all grew up playing golf before 2020 with this practice not being a problem, but all of a sudden it is now a problem????? I guess it's true, as you age you tend to have selective memory loss.
Or I choose not to return to the actual rules, and act like a child throwing a fit. Last year the change back to 2 carts was to return, but too many tantrums, so they are trying again this year.
Old 10-24-2023, 01:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
We'll all see soon pace of play will only slow down and the conditions of the courses won't get better. But that's ok.
Old 10-24-2023, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Consider….
I make a reservation for myself and two others….a threesome. Open tee time that a stranger grabs and shows up to join the foursome. You wouldn’t know a thing about the newcomer.
Are you a golfer?
Old 10-24-2023, 06:45 PM

Seriously, we all shared carts before. So what is the big problem now? How many of you golf anywhere other than in the bubble that allow each golfer their own cart? These changes are to save wear and tear on the courses. You gripe about conditions but don’t want to do what you can the prevent damage.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Personally I put that all in my bag so I don’t forget any of it. I also check the cart after a transfer back. No problem.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I have to take work related calls (and no, I don’t hinder the group I’m playing with) that have to be taken in private so I always tell the starter why I have to take a single cart and that I will always stay on the path or rough; never been an issue with any starter or ambassador.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I have to take work related calls (and no, I don’t hinder the group I’m playing with) that have to be taken in private so I always tell the starter why I have to take a single cart and that I will always stay on the path or rough; never been an issue with any starter or ambassador.
Seriously?
Old 10-24-2023, 07:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Phones on golf course are the biggest etiquette violation
Old 10-24-2023, 07:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
a) Seriously, we all shared carts before. So what is the big problem now? b)How many of you golf anywhere other than in the bubble that allow each golfer their own cart? c)These changes are to save wear and tear on the courses. You gripe about conditions but don’t want to do what you can the prevent damage.
a) We were not required to share prior to COVID. As long as no more than 2 carts in the fairway, three carts were fine.

b) Outside the bubble, if you are willing to pay for the extra single cart.....most places don't care.

c) "Save W&T" is BS. Significantly less turning.......which damages the grass. Drivers damage fairways, not carts.

Tags
heard, golf, golfers, group, starters

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.