Golf Cart Sharing

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2023, 07:47 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Appreciate all the OPINIONS,

But

Was hoping to hear facts of the new policy and exceptions.

Old 10-24-2023, 11:56 PM
Veteran member

As a lefty golfer, this is a nightmare policy for me. It ends up slowing down the game badly when you have a righty and lefty in the same cart unless they're really good golfers, which most of us are not.
Old 10-25-2023, 05:48 AM

Thank God I know longer golf!
Old 10-25-2023, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Phones on golf course are the biggest etiquette violation
Do you even play golf? Where did you get that from? Do you own a cell phone? So, you communicate by pager? Yours is a ridiculous statement. I have never seen anyone holding up play because of cell phone use. Of all the things that slow up play or create etiquette issues...cell phone use has to be near or on the bottom.
Old 10-25-2023, 06:10 AM

I can only speak for championship courses but golf carts damage the grass. Our grasses grow very little, if at all, in the winter. The greens and fairways are painted to look green because Bermuda turns brown when dormant.
Will the same people who complain about this attempt to maintain course quality also later complain about course conditions?
Please do some research about this at courses not just here, but everywhere.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Hoping there is a starter/ambass on this site and can fill us all in on the exceptions.
Executive courses with a continuous cart path will be allow to have up to 4 carts. All carts must remain on the cart path with exception of those using a SOLO rider or with an approved reasonable accommodations passes.
Champ courses, only exception will be those using a SOLO rider, those that are dependent on medical equipment such as an oxygen tank. When a third cart exception is granted for one of those reasons, one cart must remain on the cart path or in the rough for the entire round. A fourth cart will not be permitted just like pre COVID.
Bottom line is if you want to drive to your ball where permitted, pair up with someone in you reservation.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:37 AM

Quote:
The new policy appears to be more restrictive than before COVID.

The exceptions (as I have heard):
=> Different reservation
=> Smoker
=> Sick
=> Only two golfers in group.

Some starters are very open and communicative, others jus point to the sign.

What have you heard??
Fact: If you are the same reservation, two carts!
Fact: smoker, see fact one
Fact: Sick, see fact one
Old 10-25-2023, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Here's another quirk. Four players. One plays blue tees, two play white and one plays green tees. Two carts. Tee off, move forward. Tee off, move forward. Tee off, move forward. Then the ambassador says your group is running slow. Well, yeah. Why duh ya think that is? Three carts can play at a quicker pace.
Doesn't APPLY 2 carts
Old 10-25-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Actually it's not selective memory.................before COVID the "rule" might have been 2 per 4, but if you wanted a third cart in a foursome, no big deal.....it was okay.

That's way I say, "The new policy appears to be more restrictive than before COVID".
Three, even four, carts per foursome was allowed pre COVID......just not many did it.
Sorry to correct but a fourth cart was ONLY permitted when COVID hit, never before and the policy for a third cart was they had to remain on the path or in the rough when there was no path.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Consider….
I make a reservation for myself and two others….a threesome. Open tee time that a stranger grabs and shows up to join the foursome. You wouldn’t know a thing about the newcomer.
Are you a golfer?
in this case 3 carts NOT the same reservation
Old 10-25-2023, 07:43 AM

I am waiting for the standard answer, we will just play outside the villages, WELL guess what 2 CARTS
Old 10-25-2023, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Personally, I have all my golf stuff in my cart, range finder, repair tool, extra balls, etc.
I’ve moved into another cart, and always seem to forget something.
And here ladies and gents is the main reason for all the concerns, way too much crap in our carts and not in the golf bags. What do people do when they play golf off campus, they gather their crap out of their carts and put it in their bags where it should be.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Or I choose not to return to the actual rules, and act like a child throwing a fit. Last year the change back to 2 carts was to return, but too many tantrums, so they are trying again this year.
Or those throwing a tantrum will be politely given a rain check and be told to have a nice day not playing golf.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,403 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
As a lefty golfer, this is a nightmare policy for me. It ends up slowing down the game badly when you have a righty and lefty in the same cart unless they're really good golfers, which most of us are not.
Why would that slow down the game? (Not a golfer but can't see why right/left handedness would matter in a cart)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-25-2023, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
So, instead of booking a foursome our group can book a threesome and then have the fourth add their name to the open spot with a different reservation number.

The above list needs to include an exception for electric carts. I’ll never get in one of those things again after the guy who insisted on driving golf cart died in the middle of the back 9.

Who determines which of the solo riders in one of the golf carts can’t drive on the fairway. Is is the person smoking, or the person who doesn’t want to ride with the smoker?

Who determines is a golfer is sick, if sick why are they golfing, what constitutes sick?

This could prove interesting.
What's ridiculous about the '2 carts on the fairway, one on the cart trail policy' is that as soon as one of the two carts leaves the fairway it's OK for the third cart to go onto the fairway. So nothing has been gained and the game has been slowed down.
Closed Thread

Tags
heard, golf, golfers, group, starters

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.