Golf Carts on Courses

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2023, 07:00 AM

We just bought our second golf cart and had the same questions about what to get. We looked at the 2+2 flip down rear seat Yamaha but the ride was not as nice with the beefed up rear suspension and you also lose the storage basket behind the front seat. We looked at the permanent 4 seater with the rear facing rear seat and the version with the forward facing rear seat. Both of those were nice and thought the forward facing rear seat version was much more comfortable for the rear seat passengers.

We ended up buying another 2 seat Yamaha as considering the cost increase with the amount of times we would need the extra seats. We figured we could just rent another cart multiple times and still come out ahead and be more comfortable with the 2 seaters when it is just the 2 of us.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:11 AM

Be sure to get the back seats that face forward not back, awful ride in the back.........less comfortable for all back there.....
Old 06-20-2023, 07:14 AM

P.S. Get Yamaha Gas quiet tech.........more power
Old 06-20-2023, 07:33 AM

I would get a 2-seater and then rent a 4-seater when you get company. A 2-seater is better for golfing, parking, and covering in case of a unexpected rain.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:03 AM

good point on the rain and parking
Old 06-20-2023, 10:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcourter View Post
We will be moving into our new home in The Villages. We are shopping for golf carts, and are not sure if we should buy a 2 or a 4 seater cart.

Do the executive courses allow 4 seater carts on courses?
As other have said, Yes. Personally I would not have a 4 seater with seats facing rear. I do like to see where I am going.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:50 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

If you do use a Yamaha four seater with the golf bag rack on the rear, buy yourself a weather tight bag cover because the rear plastic enclosure won't go down the back and secure to the rear side enclosures. I found that out the hard way.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:00 AM

Quote:
We will be moving into our new home in The Villages. We are shopping for golf carts, and are not sure if we should buy a 2 or a 4 seater cart.

You can take a 4 seater on the courses, BUT, only 2 of the people are allowed to golf. If all 4 are golfing, you need 2 carts. Also as long as we are on the subject. All golfers must have their own set of clubs. No club sharing allowed. If visitors do not have a set, contact the course you are playing a day or 2 before and reserve a set. The price is low
Old 06-20-2023, 12:30 PM
Default Comfort for us

We had the same question and found that for us comfort was the trump card. That is we picked a two seater with upgraded seats for comfort. Four seaters if set up right need heavier suspensions which we found to be sending every bump in the road up our spines. For the few times we need a four seater we rent (although you need to plan ahead especially during the peak seasons.
Old 06-20-2023, 06:38 PM

You have a lot of good advice here.
I would come down, buy a two seater with comfortable seats. Renting is always an option.
Once I made friends and got to know my neighbors, people often offered to loan me their cart for the few days a year when company was coming. They know I’m willing to reciprocate. I drive my friends cart….my company drives mine.
Old 06-21-2023, 02:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

I have not bought a golf cart, yet. Good advice on this thread.

Question? What is the deal with atomic cars? Are they allowed on the golf courses?
Old 06-21-2023, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Rent a rear face and forward seat cart for a week. Our families would prefer 2 seat cart to use while here, instead of 4 seat rear face.

Before u buy an all seat forward, make sure the garage will accommodate the cart.
Old 06-21-2023, 06:56 AM
Veteran member
Default E Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
We learn as we go … anyone remember when LSD was legal? E-bikes are new and we are just learning how to deal with them. Initially they are treated like bicycles, but they are not, they only look like bicycles.
LMAO I've yet to see any one getting any exercise on one. Mostly over weight people along for the ride at 20 miles an hour looking for a place to crash and a free trip to the hospital. Any stats on how many that has happened to already? If you're not working up a sweat pedaling then get back in the golf cart where it's much harder to fall off. A public service announcement.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:04 AM
Veteran member
Default 4 seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
YES

The answer comes down to how often you’ll have visitors. If not a lot, a 2 seater is fine - BUT you will find you want 2 golf carts anyway. Get both.

We have both, a 2 seater and 4 seater. Our 4 Seater WAS a 2 front/2 back, but the back seats are not comfortable for anyone over 20. We ended up trading it for a 4 front - best decision.
When I bought the rear seat option was $1700.00. The salesman said Sir you can rent a lot of golf carts for visitors for $1700.00. I got the rear seat anyway. I kind of wish I had listened, it's inconvenient not having the basket and the cooler on the cart because that's what you give up to have the rear facing rear seat.
Old 06-21-2023, 12:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,248 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfarr View Post
When you first move in your friends will visit to check out you and The Villages. Not as many visitors after that. Add $1500 rear facing seat to the cart - OR - rent a 4 or 6 seat forward facing cart when visitors are here. 2 seat carts are ideal for playing golf.

Some rear facing seat designs do not offer very good golf bag holders.
The above is good advice. If you do choose to add a rear facing seat, then pay the extra and get a fold up seat that allows your golf bag to fit into the rear well.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, courses, golf, seater, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.