Golf and cigars

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood
Default Golf and cigars

Generally speaking, is it usually acceptable to smoke a cigar while playing the exec courses? I always ask permission whenever I want to fire one up, and am very careful about proper handling and disposal (carry a holder on my bag). Not a huge deal, but I'm curious about the general acceptance/rejection of my dirty little habit.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:50 PM

I don't mind people smoking what I do mind is when they throw the butts on the course.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Cigars are more suitable for the championship courses. And walking would be advisable.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

People look like they're smoking a dog turd (that people raise so much hell about on here) when they have one fired up. I so glad I have a "go fast" cart so I don't have to follow them on the mmp's or diamond lanes.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
People look like they're smoking a dog turd (that people raise so much hell about on here) when they have one fired up. I so glad I have a "go fast" cart so I don't have to follow them on the mmp's or diamond lanes.
Same here.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

I used to smoke cigars when I played golf, but nobody wanted to play with me, so I quit. Much better now. Honestly most people don't want to smell any smoke.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Yuk!
Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

Well, I guess that answers the question. Guess I will stick to playing alone if I want to enjoy a cigar.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Smile Not to be Mean or Nasty !!!

But keep it at home!!!

I do not want to see it or smell it. I had a neighbor that would sit on his Lanai and smoke the nasty things. I could not sit on mine. People need to be considerate of others.

You asked and I responded my true feelings !!
Old 08-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
Generally speaking, is it usually acceptable to smoke a cigar while playing the exec courses? I always ask permission whenever I want to fire one up, and am very careful about proper handling and disposal (carry a holder on my bag). Not a huge deal, but I'm curious about the general acceptance/rejection of my dirty little habit.
Its kind of you to ask if your smelly habit would offend anyone in your group.
Perhaps you could go a little further and ask the people on the hole behind you and in front of you if they mind.
Since that foul smell carries for miles.Same goes for ciggarett smokers
Old 08-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Cigars smokers can expect any number of responses on the golf course. One might be throw up on your shoes.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:10 AM

Wow. I tried to ask, very respectfully, a simple question. Please reread the op. I always ask for permission. If anyone says no, then I don't. A simple "no, not acceptable" response would have been appropriate. Again, reread the op... one response indicated they take offense to those who leave butts on the course. I stated I was very careful about handling and disposal. Like I said, I was just curious. Instead, I basically got attacked.
I don't care that anyone dislikes my cigar habit, I will simply not do it around those who are offended. Simple courtesy. I would expect the same in return.
The warmth here is underwhelming.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
But keep it at home!!!

I do not want to see it or smell it. I had a neighbor that would sit on his Lanai and smoke the nasty things. I could not sit on mine. People need to be considerate of others.

You asked and I responded my true feelings !!
If your neighbor was sitting there chain smoking the things, you would have a point. But if he has one or two a day, on his lanai, then you should take your own advice. We all need to be considerate of others. Believe it or not, he has rights, too.
All things in moderation.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Wow. I tried to ask, very respectfully, a simple question. Please reread the op. I always ask for permission. If anyone says no, then I don't. A simple "no, not acceptable" response would have been appropriate. Again, reread the op... one response indicated they take offense to those who leave butts on the course. I stated I was very careful about handling and disposal. Like I said, I was just curious. Instead, I basically got attacked.
I don't care that anyone dislikes my cigar habit, I will simply not do it around those who are offended. Simple courtesy. I would expect the same in return.
Welcome to TOTV
Old 08-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Looking for affirmation? You asked for opinions, and you got them. That's how it works.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
bag, carry, proper, careful, handling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.