Golf course conditions

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Eternal Member

Played Mallory Hill(Caroline and Virginia) today and found the course to be in very good condition. The greens were the best I have seen in a month or so . Fairways were a little spotty but should fill in nicely when the weather improves

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Played Havana Sunday. Kilimanjaro to Kenya, I put it in the same category as Cane, 7 of 10, very playable....

The weather on the other hand I put at 5 of 10 for 'almost March' in FL. Does anyone have a number we can call to make sure someone is aware of the issue ?
Try 1-800-God.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage

Hacienda today, Palms to Lakes. IMO the greens were better than Cane/Havana.

I still did not putt well, starting to think it might not be the greens
Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Sage
Default Tierra greens better than others

Played Tierra yesterday. With the exception of number 10, they are the best greens I have played in TV recently. Have only played 4 times in past couple of weeks (Tierra, Hacienda, Havana, Cane). All courses very playable.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Played for the first time since last fall.

I played nine holes at Truman. Like hitting off a sidewalk. Very hard winter here. Not at all like last year.

Got lots of roll...........
Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Eternal Member

Played Mallory Hill(Amelia and Caroline) today.The greens were not very good especially on Amelia. Lots of bares spots and ball bounced all over the place on putts. Caroline was a little better but still would only rate about a 5.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Default "Ad & Dis" Advantages of "Hard-top" Fairways

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I played nine holes at Truman. Like hitting off a sidewalk. Very hard winter here. Not at all like last year.

Got lots of roll...........
Agreed graciegirl, we played Truman (for 1st time) the other day and found same conditions plus a frigid wind chill.
Looking on the bright side of life; recently had my 1st ever 270+ yard drive with all that downhill rolling at De La Vista.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Sage
Default Tierra Del Sol still good

Old thread but as good a place as any to post this. I just looked back at posts from last spring and want to clear up one thing, I do not work for Tierra Del Sol

I played Tierra yesterday (Sunday) and found the greens to be very good. Had a good pace for greens in TV. They overseed starting Saturday, so if you have not been there for a bit you may wish to try it out before it changes. IMO, it was better than Cane (HIB/JAC) or Glenview (FR/SC)

PS. They also still have the yardage markers every 25 yards. I hope they keep them.

Last edited by ajbrown; 10-25-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Old thread but as good a place as any to post this. I just looked back at posts from last spring and want to clear up one thing, I do not work for Tierra Del Sol
Oh sure. Take the O'Donnell defense.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:

I played Tierra yesterday (Sunday) and found the greens to be very good. Had a good pace for greens in TV. They overseed starting Saturday, so if you have not been there for a bit you may wish to try it out before it changes. IMO, it was better than Cane (HIB/JAC) or Glenview (FR/SC)

PS. They also still have the yardage markers every 25 yards. I hope they keep them.
You've hit on one of my minor frustrations. Over the summer, the bermuda greens get really good. They get them rolling smooth and fast just in time to overseed and they get slow and a little bumpy for a while. Then, when they get good again with the overseed, it's time to kill off the overseed and let the bermuda take over, so they get a little sparse and bumpy again. I've always felt the seasonal residents don't get to see the courses at their best because that occurs in the summer.

Don't misunderstand. The courses are very enjoyable year round, just better at some times than others.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.