Walk-ons?

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Default Walk-ons?

Hi all, just closed on a house in TV last week. My wife and I will be part-timers and rent it out during snowbird season for the next 2 or 3 years. I am an avid golfer and have read about making tee times, etc. My question is about being able to walk-on rather than make a tee time, at least until I find some regular golfers to play with. Nowhere do I read anything about how to get on as a single, for either the championship or executive courses. Anyone have any info on this. Looking forward to playing lots of golf in TV!
Old 05-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,415 Posts

It is what it is.
Go to any course and ask if there are any open tee times for that day......you become a walk on.
You can also call any of the courses for open tee times for the day you are calling.
All of the numbers, etc. are here:
Golf The Villages
Old 05-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Sage

The championship courses use the wave system, with morning times ending around 9:30 and afternoon times starting just before noon. So you have to start within those windows. As posted above, just call the course on the day you want to play to see what openings exist.

During the high season, this is more of a problem unless you want to play very early or late.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:30 PM

Get a villages.net account. It allows you to go on the reservation systerm the day before you want to golf and see all open tee times on all courses. It is not exactly walk on but really a neat feature.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Gold member

you can also use the free phone system just like the online system - but you cannot see all the openings nor can you tell if you will be joining men or women. You can always request a tee time for just one golfer - good way to make friends or at least have someone to golf with. You will rarely be by yourself, most always will be added to a group of 2 or 3 or sometimes another single and a pair.

Familiarize yourself with golfthevillages.com Click around and you will learn a lot.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info. I, too, will be a solo golfer when we rent just off No. 2 hole on the Silver Lake Executive Golf course in The Villages. So I'll be just trying to get on the course and will play with whoever they pair me with. I look forward to it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.