Golf Course Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Golf Course Conditions

We played Hacienda Hills yesterday. Fairways ok but winter brown showed little green. Very dry in spite of rainfall. Lots of roll. The greens were green and ok. Played Palmer a few days ago. Fairways were green and good......not spectacular. Greens fast and in good condition. Any reports on Glenview, Lopez or Cane Garden?

Is there any interest in suggesting a Golf Course Conditions Forum to the TOTV administration? Like restaurants, course conditions fluctuate and I would find it useful to frequently pull up a forum that gives current playing conditions as noted by golfers who post regularly. Hopefully, there would be enough interest to keep the forum fresh and up to date.

Your thoughts.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Sage

Threads seem to come and go on the golf forum.

Here is one that should help. schotzyb's and taj44's posts line up with how I feel.

How is Glenview, Orange Blossom, and Tierra?

Last edited by ajbrown; 01-20-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: silly wording
Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
We played Hacienda Hills yesterday. Fairways ok but winter brown showed little green. Very dry in spite of rainfall. Lots of roll. The greens were green and ok. Played Palmer a few days ago. Fairways were green and good......not spectacular. Greens fast and in good condition. Any reports on Glenview, Lopez or Cane Garden?

Is there any interest in suggesting a Golf Course Conditions Forum to the TOTV administration? Like restaurants, course conditions fluctuate and I would find it useful to frequently pull up a forum that gives current playing conditions as noted by golfers who post regularly. Hopefully, there would be enough interest to keep the forum fresh and up to date.

Your thoughts.
I like your idea of a Golf Courses Condition forum mainly because I rely alot on input here on TOTV on the conditions of the different golf courses both on campus and off. To me currently Havana is in the best shape of any of the courses here in the Villages excluding Palmer which I do not play in the winter even though I have a Priority Membership. I just cannot see the price difference in it and some of the other courses. Played Lopez Tuesday and felt it was also in good shape. Fairways a little sparse but not real bad. Greens and T boxes were good.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schotzyb View Post
I like your idea of a Golf Courses Condition forum mainly because I rely alot on input here on TOTV on the conditions of the different golf courses both on campus and off. To me currently Havana is in the best shape of any of the courses here in the Villages excluding Palmer which I do not play in the winter even though I have a Priority Membership. I just cannot see the price difference in it and some of the other courses. Played Lopez Tuesday and felt it was also in good shape. Fairways a little sparse but not real bad. Greens and T boxes were good.
Thanks for the update on Havana. Haven't been there in a while. A golfing acquaintance today told me he thought Glenview was currently in good shape.
Played World Woods about 4 weeks ago. Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks. Best shape I've seen including some Myrtle Beach courses. Greens were world class....four weeks ago. You can get good rates there if you call them and ask for specials.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Eternal Member

Played Mallory today and due to last nights rain it was cart path only. Greens in very good shape but a little slow from not being cut. Fairways are starting to fill in some but some particular holes are really spotty.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Sage

Played Cane yesterday (1/21) (Jac to Alla) for the first time in weeks. Very disappointed with the greens. It did rain alot Thursday night, so I am not complaining of speed, but they do look healthy to me.

Last edited by ajbrown; 01-22-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Updated course info - added date
Old 01-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Winter conditions Cane Garden (Hibs. & Jacr.)

typical tight HARD fairways BUT always glad to be out in the sunshine.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Gold member

I really like this thread. I hope more people comment on conditions of courses. It is very helpful and thanks. Be there Feb.1st for 2 months of golf!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
typical tight HARD fairways BUT always glad to be out in the sunshine.
Amen to the sunshine part, although I could have used a little more if it yesterday afternoon. No doubt lots of golfers would love to be complaining about conditions of golf courses instead of the condition of the roads for driving
Old 01-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Veteran member

Any reports on Glenview? Playing Havana on Monday. Played Palmer on Thursday. Fairways and greens in good shape. Pin placements were brutal. Pin setter must have had a bad morning.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Glenview report

Greens perfect, Fairways tight, overseeding this year not as good, difficult to get a good lie. Limited to cart path side rough Friday 1/21...When posting conditions we should probably include date of play....
Old 01-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sweetie and his group stopped at nine today.

When he came in I said "omg, are you having chest pains?'

He said they had decided it was too windy and too cold. I think the others decided that because Sweetie has never abandoned a golf course at nine holes.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Sage

Played Lopez yesterday afternoon 1/23

== no complaints

PS. Maybe this should be in the golf forum?

Last edited by ajbrown; 01-24-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Havana CC

Played Havana this morning. Fairways in good shape. Greens were green and fast. Rough was winter brown but very playable. Fairways and rough were somewhat hard and gave up good rolls.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Eternal Member

Got 17 holes in today at Orange Blossom before the rains came. Fairway in great shape. Nice and green and full. Some greens better than others but all very playable

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.