Golf Course Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I normally agree with many of your posts but..

The poster may not have been tackful but he/she brought out some great points. I would hate to see a whole village (60 + courses) where there weren't some very challenging courses and holes. Think Pelican: If you play from the blacks or gold you can't 'run' the ball up. If your game is currently at the 'run up' stage then get out and practice at courses that allow this action (i.e. not Pelican or Sweetgum or...) we have many. But please don't think that we need to de-golf design holes in TV.

Fast play: Has almost nothing to do with handicap of the golfer. So many ways to speed up play into the 9 minutes per hole. Not going to list them all as they have already been mentioned. I do try to get the first tee time every day to avoid problems but I do also play mid-afternoon and I just put my patience hat on.

Golf conditions: I'm not a great golfer (11 handicap and dropping) but I don't find the conditions bad for the most part. A few holes, yes, but overall not bad for the amount of play.
I fully agree with you and you stated your case well and articulately.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:16 AM
Gold member

the last week i played several exec courses -- some had holes closed for maintenance and others should have been closed ---played Yankee Clipper wed and this course is really a cow pasture. greens were nonexistent --could not tell the greens from the pasture-- please do not tell me more rain will help--- i have seen quite a change in tv in the last 10 years and it is not for the better---- wait until build out is complete and we can argue about if we need more playgrounds for our grandchildren or more pet parks ---- Thank God i do not play exec courses much -- i would give up golf if that is all tv had to offer -- but i will continue to play the over price champ courses when i can not travel -----golf for life for free
Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Gold member

played Bonifay yesterday. What happened? Its a disgrace. Tees burned out, fairways awful the greens very spotty. I realize aeration done but the rest of the course is very bad. Its my favorite and I'm bummed out about it. We pay good money to play these "championship" courses,they should all be in better condition. How about putting some money back into the golf?
Old 05-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
played Bonifay yesterday. What happened? Its a disgrace. Tees burned out, fairways awful the greens very spotty. I realize aeration done but the rest of the course is very bad. Its my favorite and I'm bummed out about it. We pay good money to play these "championship" courses,they should all be in better condition. How about putting some money back into the golf?
Haven't been on Bonifay, but I wonder if they are doing what they did in CA during the transition. Our club would withhold water throughout the course so the overseed would die quickly and not shade the bermuda. This left the course brown and the greens very inconsistently grassed. Them they aerated the greens and top dressed them. With all the overseed gone, they hit the course with a high nitrogen fertilizer and water to stimulate the bermuda base turf. It would take a few weeks, but the course recovered beautifully. There sure was some grousing during that period, however.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.