Golf etiquette

Old 04-19-2024, 08:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,331 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
Agree. How long does it take to write down one digit on a score sheet.
It is more than just writing it down. They usually seem to be talking about something (presumably their score and they seem to be replaying the entire hole in their head and counting every stroke). Once that is done, they then have to find their scorecard, find a pencil, record the score, put the pencil away, and then put the scorecard away. At that point, they decide to walk to the next tee.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,331 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I recall some time back I saw a guy with a pull cart on the green (we were playing behind them). We caught up to them waiting on the next tee and I mentioned, good-naturedly, that if an ambassador saw him doing that it would be pointed out that such an act is verboten in TV. He was honestly surprised; apparently he was not a permanent Villager and honestly didn’t know that such was not allowed

Is rolling your pushcart across a green a breach of etiquette?
Old 04-20-2024, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
The last two times I’ve played, people fill out their scorecards right after holing out. They stand on the green or on the edge of the green which slows down pace of play.

I was taught to get off the green as soon as everyone is finished and to record your score on the next tee box.

This is from the Villages website.

When the play of a hole has been completed, players should immediately leave the putting green.
If they waited until they got off the green it is likely they would forget their score.

Tags
green, play, box, tee, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.