Golf Festival ? This year 2021 is NO FESTIVAL !

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Default Golf Festival ? This year 2021 is NO FESTIVAL !

I see the villages has come up with a bad idea to have this 15th year festival . This is no festival it a $$$$$$ maker for the villages ! If you like to check out more then 3 different clubs you have to go all over the villages , Lopez Legacy Driving Range, Glenview Champions Driving Range , Palmer Legends Driving Range, and Sarasota Practice Center Driving Range.
What happen to the polo fields?
The cost to me will be $200 the way I see this .
Old 01-03-2021, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I see the villages has come up with a bad idea to have this 15th year festival . This is no festival it a $$$$$$ maker for the villages ! If you like to check out more then 3 different clubs you have to go all over the villages , Lopez Legacy Driving Range, Glenview Champions Driving Range , Palmer Legends Driving Range, and Sarasota Practice Center Driving Range.
Perhaps you have not heard. There is a pandemic currently happening that makes large gatherings risky.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

If you are going to rant and rave you should at least show the link to get your point across
The Villages Golf Festival

Event Calendar- Find Things To Do in The Villages(R)

You can always check out clubs ahead of time...... then "maybe" find a deal later

Last edited by stanley; 01-03-2021 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default $200????....

Quote:
if you don't do any club fittings the cost is that of cart gas or battery charging. Time is relative.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Guess the Balloon Festival in February won’t draw any crowds, like the Golf Festival did
Old 01-03-2021, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Before I bought my last set of Taylormade M-4 Irons I went to the Arnold Palmer school and past the receptionist and down the hallway to the next to last door on the left is a room full of the latest golf clubs. You can go in there hit as many as you want, there is a hitting mat outside the back door leading to the driving range. They even provide the balls. If you want to take the clubs out for a round of golf, I believe you just have to leave your driver's license and go on your way with the clubs. This can be done just anytime they're open. I only see a fee if you want a fitting. I wouldn't wait for a golf fest for a fitting, you can do that anytime and it's usually included with a purchase of a set of clubs at any of the shops on and off campus.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Before I bought my last set of Taylormade M-4 Irons I went to the Arnold Palmer school and past the receptionist and down the hallway to the next to last door on the left is a room full of the latest golf clubs. You can go in there hit as many as you want, there is a hitting mat outside the back door leading to the driving range. They even provide the balls. If you want to take the clubs out for a round of golf, I believe you just have to leave your driver's license and go on your way with the clubs. This can be done just anytime they're open. I only see a fee if you want a fitting. I wouldn't wait for a golf fest for a fitting, you can do that anytime and it's usually included with a purchase of a set of clubs at any of the shops on and off campus.
No more. The used club side of the business is shutting down.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Perhaps you have not heard. There is a pandemic currently happening that makes large gatherings risky.
Thank you, Gracie. Yesterday I was notified that someone near and dear to me died the day after being tested positive for COVID. He literally suffocated because he could not get a hospital bed. Wake up people!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
My guess is they will probably be showing the same equipment at each of the venues so you you will only have to go to one.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:19 AM
Thanked 1,119 Times in 246 Posts
Default Scare story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Thank you, Gracie. Yesterday I was notified that someone near and dear to me died the day after being tested positive for COVID. He literally suffocated because he could not get a hospital bed. Wake up people!
I work as a RN in a hospital. No one ever dies because we do not have a bed. We do not turn anyone having an emergency away; it's the law! You may have to have a temporary bed in the hallway but you will have a bed and get the same care as you would in ICU or on a Med/Surg floor.

These scare stories just exacerbate the public's fears and are more dangerous than the virus itself!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm guessing that they're breaking it up so that the crowds are smaller, the tents are further apart and social distancing will be possible.

The other thing is that none of the tees at the any ranges are really big enough to host all of these companies at the same time.

The PGA of America is doing a virtual merchandise show this year by the way. There will be no demo day.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandHSTAR@AOL.com View Post
Why do people complain about activities such as golf fest. Craft fair. Monthly car show, etc.If you are that concerned don't go. Simple solution.. I for one stay away from such activities. My decision to take care of me.
I think people are amazed that these types of activities are still happening and they wish they wouldn’t. There also is dichotomy between with what TV does with some things and doesn’t do with other things. Example in point- restricting the number of people going to the Square yet having golf festival. Be selfish and stay home.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:09 AM

Just another grumpy Villager feeling entitled. OMG.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
I think people are amazed that these types of activities are still happening and they wish they wouldn’t. There also is dichotomy between with what TV does with some things and doesn’t do with other things. Example in point- restricting the number of people going to the Square yet having golf festival. Be selfish and stay home.
I believe that some people wish these things weren't happening and others are glad that they are. You use the term "people" as if everyone agrees with every policy.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:29 AM

Well if it’s crowds they are concerned about, why are they having the balloon festival??
Closed Thread

Tags
festival, range, driving, villages, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.