Golf frustration

Old 02-12-2024, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Come on, you know the answer to your question. Very easy to get Championship T Times at $75+ per round. The poster is referencing Executive T Times that are part of the sunk cost amenity fees. Totally different animal.
And tomorrow there are 34 tee times on execs well in advance of darkness and more if you want to flirt with sundown. This doesn’t include over 200 on those pitch and putts
Old 02-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
How so. I could play every day if I wanted to, no problem at all.
Exactly...

While I'm not yet full time, when I was down in October, I played at least 4 Xs/week, playing both exec and champ courses. Same for when I was down for 2 weeks last month...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
And tomorrow there are 34 tee times on execs well in advance of darkness and more if you want to flirt with sundown. This doesn’t include over 200 on those pitch and putts
I'll go out as a solo, joining a group. It's a great way to meet new people...

Or, my wife and I will look for another couple a day or three before we want to play.

We've yet not to find a reasonable time...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 11:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Right, there are 34 open T times for singles late in the day available on the over 40 Executive courses, and even more on the few glorified mini golf courses, all of which are already paid for with the monthly amenity fee. Yet, there are hundreds of openings throughout the day, not limited to singles, on the various 13 Championship courses that charge $75+ per round. Again, it’s a totally different animal. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it just exemplifies that the Executives are running at full capacity during busy season and the Championships are readily accessible when changing the current high season green fees.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Does John wind up with 3 Points (2 for cancelling and then 1 for playing) or does the system know enough to only assign 1 playing point to John? Does Adam wind up with 2 cancellation points?
Adam gets 2 points, John gets just 1.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Then why bother to move John to Adam's spot? An opening is an opening. In what way does it matter?
Correct that was a single scenario. But can be done to multiple players in a group to open complete slots. Easy to condense a group of 16 down to 12 and open a tee time.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Right, there are 34 open T times for singles late in the day available on the over 40 Executive courses, and even more on the few glorified mini golf courses, all of which are already paid for with the monthly amenity fee. Yet, there are hundreds of openings throughout the day, not limited to singles, on the various 13 Championship courses that charge $75+ per round. Again, it’s a totally different animal. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it just exemplifies that the Executives are running at full capacity during busy season and the Championships are readily accessible when changing the current high season green fees.
Greens fees, Jan-May, most courses---$69.50 (tax not included) $6 more at SO, $6 less at Hacienda and $15 less at OBH.

If you play about 60 times/year get the priority membership---you'll pay $51.50 instead and break even, saving $$$ if you play more and move up on the tee time cue as well.

Since execs are free, I would expect them to fill up in high season.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:00 PM

I'm wondering if any of you in this thread feel as I do that the greens we are playing here are the worst in the past ten years that I've seen. I played Hawkes Bay and then went to Truman with both of them having far too much dirt on them to be worth calling a green???
Old 02-26-2024, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze729 View Post
I'm wondering if any of you in this thread feel as I do that the greens we are playing here are the worst in the past ten years that I've seen. I played Hawkes Bay and then went to Truman with both of them having far too much dirt on them to be worth calling a green???
There are two other thread’s answer your question……….

Tags
time, days, request, south, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.