Golf frustration

Old 01-23-2024, 11:56 AM
Default Golf frustration

Well I have finally experienced the difficulty getting a Tee time that others have complained about. It has everything to do with the golfers in all of the new developments coming north because of the lack of courses in the south. I have been here for 10 years and have never been constantly shut out of getting a time. I went on 6 days before and asked for a starting time within a four hour spread. I had 4 points at the time. Didn't get any of the three days requested. I think that groups are forming leagues down south and rotating request so that there are request with only 1 or 2 points. I have golfed with people who are traveling an hour by cart to get to the north end to golf. My reason for owning in the Villages is quickly fading.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natjos View Post
Well I have finally experienced the difficulty getting a Tee time that others have complained about. It has everything to do with the golfers in all of the new developments coming north because of the lack of courses in the south. I have been here for 10 years and have never been constantly shut out of getting a time. I went on 6 days before and asked for a starting time within a four hour spread. I had 4 points at the time. Didn't get any of the three days requested. I think that groups are forming leagues down south and rotating request so that there are request with only 1 or 2 points. I have golfed with people who are traveling an hour by cart to get to the north end to golf. My reason for owning in the Villages is quickly fading.
It is a real issue that didn’t exist several years ago. It’s simple math, the amount of golf holes per rooftop has been significantly diluted since ground was broken south of 44 and it gets worse every passing year. The new golf being built is not nearly enough to rectify the issue, it’s just marginally slowing the rate of dilution.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

There was half the population 10 years ago.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
I think that groups are forming leagues down south and rotating request so that there are request with only 1 or 2 points.
Conspiracy Theory...............please expand on this, inquiring minds want to know.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
There was half the population 10 years ago.
True, and almost the same amount of golf holes.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:21 PM

You mentioned that you had "4 points at the time." I'm assuming you are playing executive (you didn't mention.) It's not about having points 6 days before tee time, it's how many points you have when the algorithm is run, which is usually 3 or 4 days before tee time.
Having four points means you have played four times in the past seven days. That's a lot. I would vote that golfer's be limited to three days a week executive. There are some that play every day; one can usually get a tee time if one if a single.
I play executive twice a week and can't remember the last time I had a problem. I'll play Championship if I play more.
I agree with your overall complaint though. These worthless pitch and putts are to blame.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Were you asking for yourself as a single? How many courses did you put on your request list?

You probably know this, but asking 6 days ahead doesn't give you any preference over those who put in a request 2 hours before they run the program allotting the times.
Old 01-23-2024, 04:08 PM
Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
You mentioned that you had "4 points at the time." I'm assuming you are playing executive (you didn't mention.) It's not about having points 6 days before tee time, it's how many points you have when the algorithm is run, which is usually 3 or 4 days before tee time.
Having four points means you have played four times in the past seven days. That's a lot. I would vote that golfer's be limited to three days a week executive. There are some that play every day; one can usually get a tee time if one if a single.
I play executive twice a week and can't remember the last time I had a problem. I'll play Championship if I play more.
I agree with your overall complaint though. These worthless pitch and putts are to blame.
I didn't play four times. I played twice and had two poinst for cancelling due to weather.
Old 01-23-2024, 04:10 PM
Default two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Were you asking for yourself as a single? How many courses did you put on your request list?

You probably know this, but asking 6 days ahead doesn't give you any preference over those who put in a request 2 hours before they run the program allotting the times.
I selected 5 courses.
Old 01-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I just don't even play golf during snowbird season. I have other sports that I play, and other than snowbird season, I don't have the newbs coming up here and invading my turf. When the snowbirds are gone, I get back to my nice leisurely game. Eventually, they will have their own courses and they can stay down there where they think things are so much better....
Old 01-23-2024, 04:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,323 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Eventually, they will have their own courses and they can stay down there where they think things are so much better....
We don’t go up north to bother you. We go up north because the developer built most of the courses up north.

There are 41 executives and 3 pitch and putts. 36 of the executives are north of 44 and 29 are north of 466A.

There are 5 executives south of 44 and all 3 pitch and putts are south of 44.

I would love not to have to drive 30-45 minutes to play an executive course. I played with a group the other day and they said that they have 4 executives and 1 championship within a mile of their house.

I am about two miles from a pitch and putt.

Once Eastport is built out, things should get better but since there are also 14 new Villages planned for Eastport, I expect tee times will still be difficult!
Old 01-23-2024, 05:11 PM
Default informative

thanks for all the input here,, ii just go up for a single in the morning and get in most days,, and also play with womens groups alot ,, in the afternoon,, just fyi not all bad ,,
Old 01-23-2024, 07:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post

Once Eastport is built out, things should get better but since there are also 14 new Villages planned for Eastport, I expect tee times will still be difficult!
A man has to have hopes & dreams, regardlessly of the likelihood of them coming to fruition.
Old 01-23-2024, 08:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
"Free golf was the main draw. Walking is already free."

You came for the free golf. And now you resent others who did the same thing. One option would be to pay to play on the champ courses at least some of the time.
Old 01-23-2024, 08:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
A man has to have hopes & dreams, regardlessly of the likelihood of them coming to fruition.
Many of these 11 or so new courses are currently in various stages of development. For the most part they're mapped out already at the bare minimum. It's obvious that the developer is prioritizing new courses ASAP after being slow on rolling new ones out for years.

Tags
time, days, request, south, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.