Golf frustration

Old 01-23-2024, 08:58 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,322 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
It's obvious that the developer is prioritizing new courses ASAP after being slow on rolling new ones out for years.
What is not obvious is why the developer stopped building courses for five years. Did he really think that golf was not one of the main attractions?
Old 01-23-2024, 09:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

All true Villages, complaining about anything, even free golf. The thing about the Villages is everyone can use everything available, doesn’t matter where in the Villages you live. If it is that important play in the rain.
Old 01-23-2024, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
What is not obvious is why the developer stopped building courses for five years. Did he really think that golf was not one of the main attractions?
I guessing that it's likely the fact that the Bexley bridge was long delayed and not complete was a big part of that. If they had 3 new courses complete and ready to go in the new area, it would've been a BIG problem and a bad look if there were no golf cart paths open to get to them.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natjos View Post
Well I have finally experienced the difficulty getting a Tee time that others have complained about. It has everything to do with the golfers in all of the new developments coming north because of the lack of courses in the south. I have been here for 10 years and have never been constantly shut out of getting a time. I went on 6 days before and asked for a starting time within a four hour spread. I had 4 points at the time. Didn't get any of the three days requested. I think that groups are forming leagues down south and rotating request so that there are request with only 1 or 2 points. I have golfed with people who are traveling an hour by cart to get to the north end to golf. My reason for owning in the Villages is quickly fading.
Koolaid turned sour after about 4 years for me. Having mover’s remorse
Old 01-24-2024, 12:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
All true Villages, complaining about anything, even free golf. The thing about the Villages is everyone can use everything available, doesn’t matter where in the Villages you live. If it is that important play in the rain.

No really free we all pay golfing or not.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Guess figured 700 plus holes was enough? But didn’t count on golf hogs playing several times day. Kinda reminds me of pickleball and pool hogs….
Old 01-24-2024, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
….Eventually, they will have their own courses and they can stay down there where they think things are so much better....
Been here six years now and still believe the majority of people are welcoming, north and south. I bought and live south of 44 no salespeople told me they would not build anything new, I assumed the developer would. Play exec golf north and south most south twice a week excepted the rejection enjoyed the wins. There is more to do in TV and life than golf. Enjoy the few years you have left.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:09 AM
Default There aren’t enough courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by natjos View Post
Well I have finally experienced the difficulty getting a Tee time that others have complained about. It has everything to do with the golfers in all of the new developments coming north because of the lack of courses in the south. I have been here for 10 years and have never been constantly shut out of getting a time. I went on 6 days before and asked for a starting time within a four hour spread. I had 4 points at the time. Didn't get any of the three days requested. I think that groups are forming leagues down south and rotating request so that there are request with only 1 or 2 points. I have golfed with people who are traveling an hour by cart to get to the north end to golf. My reason for owning in the Villages is quickly fading.
There aren’t enough courses built south of 44 to keep up with the rapid and continued increase in the number of households. And no, the addition of 4 executive courses to be built in and around Eastport won’t be nearly enough!!! The developer is way behind the demand curve as far as golf is concerned. Everyone is having trouble getting tee times. It’s a problem that will plague us for years to come. All of our collective frustration is falling on deaf ears of the developers…sadly.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keither View Post
There aren’t enough courses built south of 44 to keep up with the rapid and continued increase in the number of households. And no, the addition of 4 executive courses to be built in and around Eastport won’t be nearly enough!!! The developer is way behind the demand curve as far as golf is concerned. Everyone is having trouble getting tee times. It’s a problem that will plague us for years to come. All of our collective frustration is falling on deaf ears of the developers…sadly.
U Look New here.

The Developer plans yearS in advance.

There were many years when golf was on the decline.
These years were during the planning stags for South of 44.
As such, fewer courses were planned.

There never has been any promise of "number of courses per Village, Household, etc."

As the Developer opened Villages, golf courses were disclosed.

Due Diligence would have discovered this.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

It never ends, it seems.

People (primarily from the newer/southern areas of TV), complaining there's not enough: golf, entertainment, stores, whatever ...

Wake up and look around folks, the south is a different business model and a different development profile.

When TV was built, golf and amenities were the first order of business. It was necessary to sell the homes. Gradually, the model changed and amenities and golf became more an after-thought. Why shouldn't it? People believed the Developer's marketing promises and bought into the "hope" program.

It's never going to happen. The south of 44 business model, is never going to be the same as the older areas. Won't happen. Can't happen. No motivation for the Developer to make it happen.

Anyone who bought south of 44, on the premise that golf was going to be abundant, available and convenient, is a dreamer and reality is apparently starting to settle in.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:40 AM

sounds like the corporation isn’t building courses according to the original plan. … X courses per a set number of new home builds… ..
Getting greedy or lazy??
In the early 2000’s promos there was a formula mentioned ..

Last edited by braguy; 01-24-2024 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:46 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

Solution: play after 4 pm = 0 points

Solution: go into the tee time system, after being shut out, and look for an opening.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braguy View Post
Doesn’t sound like the corporation isn’t building courses according to the original plan. … X courses per a set number of new home builds… ..
Would love to see that "original plan" you refer to, please share.

The original development was a trailer court.............glad it evolved.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:51 AM
Veteran member

If golf is a dying sport why are tee times hard to get? Is it possible that when people retire they take up many new activities such as golf? Is it possible that the predicted decline in golf participation by younger retirees is not materializing in The Villages?
Old 01-24-2024, 06:56 AM
Default after 4:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1941 View Post
Solution: play after 4 pm = 0 points

Solution: go into the tee time system, after being shut out, and look for an opening.
I did go on and look for open times as soon as I see that I didn't get a reservation. There wasn't one course with a time before 5:00. Difficult getting 9 in with that start.

Tags
time, days, request, south, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.