What do you think of this ?

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Gold member
Default What do you think of this ?

After playing today, my wife, my brother -in-law and myself went to TDS takeout, ordered some beers to go and found a nice place to park our carts, 10 feet from each other. Three of us having a beer and practicing social distancing. Sounds good right ? An ambassador stopped by us and told us that we couldn't be having large gatherings and that we needed to go ? A large gathering, 3 people with 10 feet between us. Really ? I questioned him about it and he said he was just the messenger. Sorry he has to deliver a message where obviously nobody can use common sense and see that are following the guidelines.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
After playing today, my wife, my brother -in-law and myself went to TDS takeout, ordered some beers to go and found a nice place to park our carts, 10 feet from each other. Three of us having a beer and practicing social distancing. Sounds good right ? An ambassador stopped by us and told us that we couldn't be having large gatherings and that we needed to go ? A large gathering, 3 people with 10 feet between us. Really ? I questioned him about it and he said he was just the messenger. Sorry he has to deliver a message where obviously nobody can use common sense and see that are following the guidelines.

Sad, but I think you have to cut him some slack, especially at TDS. I played there a few days ago and they were extremely adamant about groupings and social distancing. An ambassador explained that the homeowners around TDS have an usually high concentration of self appointed coronavirus police, armed with their cell phone cameras, and have pretty much been taking non-stop pictures of anyone THEY consider violating the distance guidelines. TDS just doesn't want any trouble. They should consider setting off a limited EMP bomb to kill the chips in these people's cell phones
Old 04-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Gold member

Stay at home means STAY AT HOME
Old 04-10-2020, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Stay at home means STAY AT HOME
To quote Petula Clark from "Don't sleep in the Subway"----"We've heard this all a million times"

For those that still have reading comprehension issues:

Stay at home means stay at home, EXCEPT for essential service and activities, of which golf is one of them.

So you stay home, hiding under your bed, while the rest of us get some exercise.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Don't Understand

I don't understand why the Ambassador is being challenged when in fact he was doing a good job. A lot of people think that as long as they feel safe then all is fine. They don't think of the medical people and support that have to walk by and through the area they are occupying and the risk to them! Our son works in a Rehab that cares for everyone from infants to senior citizens who have had brain damage from either abusive parents, or accidents, birth injuries or age etc. He doesn't have the option to avoid going out and staying home so he is at risk to those who elect to throw cation to the wind, ignore the medical recommendation to stay home or only expose others by going to the market, Doctor, or other Emergency Needs. Sitting outside either at the squares, or other public places is to put the other person who MUST go out at risk. Shame on you and thanks to the Ambassador who had the good sense to send you off.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:51 PM
Platinum member

I would have said, "Okey Dokie", complied, and never thought about it again. That is the way most people handle the small stuff.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
That's nothing. Watch this video of cops in Philly pulling a guy off a bus for not wearing a mask.

Twitter
Old 04-11-2020, 05:26 AM
Veteran member

He is correct under the new policy guidelines.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:29 AM

Electromagnetic pulse
Old 04-11-2020, 05:45 AM

Wednesday late afternoon my wife and I and another couple in there cart were having ice cream across the street from Culver’s in a parking lot under the trees, all the businesses were closed the lot was empty when an unmarked SUV pulls up with 6 sheriffs in it. One sheriff got out and told us we had to be at home.
Florida is under a lock down and you are not supposed to be out unless getting essentials or golfing. Guess you were finished golfing.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:56 AM

Drink your beer at home
Old 04-11-2020, 06:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retoline View Post
Wednesday late afternoon my wife and I and another couple in there cart were having ice cream across the street from Culver’s in a parking lot under the trees, all the businesses were closed the lot was empty when an unmarked SUV pulls up with 6 sheriffs in it. One sheriff got out and told us we had to be at home.
Florida is under a lock down and you are not supposed to be out unless getting essentials or golfing. Guess you were finished golfing.
I'll assume you're just pulling our legs.

Since when do 6 deputies ride around in a single SUV, unless they're headed for the donut shop?

But I like the hypocrisy of 6 sheriffs in a SUV lecturing a couple outdoors on social distancing
Old 04-11-2020, 06:31 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default thought ice cream was essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retoline View Post
thought ice cream was essentials
Old 04-11-2020, 06:33 AM

Pauld315: We stopped at a small recreational area on the golf cart path, just a few minutes from TDS, where they have some picnic tables. A few small groups were there as well to share some social time and drinks with friends. And please if you're so inclined, don't start with the stay at home comments....not interested.

Last edited by PJackpot; 04-11-2020 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
It’s a shame that the ambassador had to risk his own safety to attempt to keep you and others in your group safe.
Too bad he wasn’t able to intervene in the activities that caused seven people in Sumter county to get the virus and die
Closed Thread

Tags
large, feet, people, gathering, needed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.