Golf Rates go up again!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2020, 07:25 PM
Default Golf Rates go up again!!!!!!

When will it stop? Do we just keep saying oh well?

https://www.golfthevillages.com/images/May_Dec_2020.pdf
Old 04-08-2020, 08:55 PM

So when are you moving somewhere else with all the amenities you have here? Need to know so I can take your tee times!!!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

These are the courses I mainly play since they are all within a 20 minute cart ride. I always play the evening wave, somewhere in the 11:56 to 1:30 range. Last summer they were $34. This year it looks like they'll be $36 and Glen View stays at $34. I think I can live with that for now.

Palmer Legends | Cane Garden | Mallory Hill | Havana | Bonifay | Evans Prairie | Belle Glade | Glen View
Old 04-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Platinum member

Why is it that whenever someone is unhappy with something the inevitable “when are you moving” comes out? It’s okay to be ticked over things. The Bubble is fine but at the end of the day it’s just a bunch of houses with Rec centers and golf courses. Did no one ever get annoyed with things where you came from?
Old 04-08-2020, 09:49 PM

aye yi yi !

Last edited by lake5798; 04-09-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake5798 View Post
The only way these increases will ever end is if Majority of golfers take a stand and boycott golf ,probably won’t happen, I play outside 2-3 days a week, not so much Because of price, it is the conditions of TV courses in relationship to price. Whenever I am asked by people I golf with outside the Villages about “ what the courses are like in TV “ my reply is always the same. I tell them it is more about quantity than Quality in TV. I have always believed bigger is not always better, and my beliefs have been borne out since I moved into TV 10 years ago.I truly enjoy all the friends I have made, but the quality of TV lifestyle has been degrading for a few years now.Starting with their Single source health care system, to the over populated squares and less than mediocre eating establishments, not to mention the 25% SumterCounty tax increase. Rather than moan and groan about all these deficiencies, I believe that it is now time to look at moving on! Sad that such a great concept is being ruined by the pursuit of more $$$ instead of maintaining the quality product that this place was originally founded on! Well I will get off my soap box now. I wish everyone the best with whatever path you shall travel.
I understand completely and agree.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake5798 View Post
The only way these increases will ever end is if Majority of golfers take a stand and boycott golf ,probably won’t happen, I play outside 2-3 days a week, not so much Because of price, it is the conditions of TV courses in relationship to price. Whenever I am asked by people I golf with outside the Villages about “ what the courses are like in TV “ my reply is always the same. I tell them it is more about quantity than Quality in TV. I have always believed bigger is not always better, and my beliefs have been borne out since I moved into TV 10 years ago.I truly enjoy all the friends I have made, but the quality of TV lifestyle has been degrading for a few years now.Starting with their Single source health care system, to the over populated squares and less than mediocre eating establishments, not to mention the 25% SumterCounty tax increase. Rather than moan and groan about all these deficiencies, I believe that it is now time to look at moving on! Sad that such a great concept is being ruined by the pursuit of more $$$ instead of maintaining the quality product that this place was originally founded on! Well I will get off my soap box now. I wish everyone the best with whatever path you shall travel.
I agree, TV has never been for everybody. What I find interesting is that so few people do leave, they talk about it but the population keeps growing. There seem to be others ready to come here. I have one friend tht did leave, found nice quiet community, nice golf course, nice recreation center, $250.00 HOA fee. First year, happy, now not so much. Novelty gone and bored. He didn't think this place was for him until he was gone. I too wish everyone the best wherever they travel or whatever path they take. I suspect there will continue to be more incoming than outgoing and this place will continue to grow. As for my friend, they are moving back.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-09-2020, 05:32 AM

"and when are you moving"
Old 04-09-2020, 05:38 AM
Veteran member

At least you still have your activity that you love so much. Most of us do not have our activities to do anymore. Quit your bitchin and be thankful
Old 04-09-2020, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

prices go up because the cost of maintaining the courses and everything else involved goes up

we should be happy that they don't go up and down like the price of gasoline does....which is an absolute joke
Old 04-09-2020, 06:45 AM

Yes, but where I came from, we had a Board with community people in the neighborhood who devised budgets and theyvwere presented, argued and passed or not by a majority. We had no one ruling the kingdom, as you do here.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine701 View Post
When will it stop? Do we just keep saying oh well?

https://www.golfthevillages.com/images/May_Dec_2020.pdf
It will never stop. Supply and demand. I am going just a few mikes off property and get to play better courses at lower rates. These courses in TV have no fairway turf to hit an iron or a nice fairway wood. It’s not grass. Looks like chickweed
Old 04-09-2020, 06:53 AM

I do not mind if the rates go up on the course if the conditions of the course are kept up; which they are not. Continually raising the rates on the course and not putting any money (water) back into the course is a big issue. I play twice a week outside TV with about 25 residents, and every course we play within 45 minutes is normally less expensive and in very good to excellent shape. TV might want to reach out to some courses and see how it's done....
Old 04-09-2020, 07:02 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Lake5798 poster, I thought your post was genuine and heart felt. I don’t know you personally but perhaps the increase golf rates and the Coronavirus is enough to send you “over the top”. Many of us are unconsciously depressed by constant change and the feeling of being held “prisoner” by what is happening in our world today. You might want to revisit your thoughts and plans after things settle down with this pandemic we are going through. We are blessed if we haven’t caught the virus and this will pass in time. Social media has a way of beating us up if we read and attempt to digest all the nonsense that is posted. On the other hand, thank God we have the first Amendment and the rights to a free press in this country. It is my personal opinion that it’s the “social media” that gets it wrong most of the time. The so called internet has few boundaries. Finally, I have observed that there has developed a pattern of negative remarks between those that play golf and those that don’t. This is not a good thing IMHO. We all need to be able to express our thoughts and opinions but we don’t need to “carry a chip on our shoulder”and always try to get in the last word. Just saying...

Last edited by justjim; 04-09-2020 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:02 AM
Default ANy wonder?

To paraphrase an old adage - "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free", and that;s to a "T"!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, stop, rates

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.