Golf Rates go up again!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

As an resident that is not priority I am not happy that I am only paying $2 less than a priority guest. That just doesn’t seem right.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:50 AM

Could not have said it better. And I too will be moving on
Old 04-09-2020, 12:48 PM

John W you are the spitting image of a close High School buddy of mine back in Massachusetts. I can get over the resemblance.
I'll have to look you up when we finally get moved into the Villages. Hopefully within the next 2 months
Old 04-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Those winter rates were discussed (?) almost without end......why are they being brought up again?

2020 Championship Golf Rates
green fee whining
New championship cost...
Green Fees Explode
Old 04-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfrat View Post
John W you are the spitting image of a close High School buddy of mine back in Massachusetts. I can get over the resemblance.
I'll have to look you up when we finally get moved into the Villages. Hopefully within the next 2 months
It ain't me, never been north of NYC.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:12 PM
Default Golf

By the time the last person in Florida and or the Villages has been infected there may not be anyone left to play golf with.

The Spanish Flu took two years to end, it ended when all people who had it either died or had developed immunity to it.

No vaccine now or then, Antibiotics are not effective per Dr. Fauci.
The Spanish Flu killed well over 50 million people worldwide.
I wonder how many infected in the Villages right now got Infected on the golf course?
Old 04-09-2020, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1916 View Post
By the time the last person in Florida and or the Villages has been infected there may not be anyone left to play golf with.

The Spanish Flu took two years to end, it ended when all people who had it either died or had developed immunity to it.

No vaccine now or then, Antibiotics are not effective per Dr. Fauci.
The Spanish Flu killed well over 50 million people worldwide.
I wonder how many infected in the Villages right now got Infected on the golf course?
Since there are only 54 cases in zip codes 32162 and 32163 combined, my guess would be ZERO
Old 04-09-2020, 06:58 PM

Are you sure about that? There seems to be many knowledgeable people on this thread. You wrote that they are privately "owned", but I find that hard to believe.

Maybe you can help me out here? Who "owns" the Championship golf courses. I'm going to guess is the TV corporation owns the land and can lease it out???? But I don't know. I know there was a "private" company that ran the golf courses and the TV corporation took it back. I'm not sure who sets the rates? I assume its the people who operate the golf courses; but if th TV corp leases them pout, there could be provisions in the contract. I gotta believe there is a single agreement somewhere...not each course is independent.

Any one know?
Old 04-10-2020, 05:05 AM

When ask about a board to make a decision about golf rates. I have to laugh. First of all everyone here to include me are opinionated. The difference in the villages are that everyone wants their opinion to be the one that counts. Everyone wants to be in charge with no responsibility. This puts them on their pedestal. Amazing, keep complaining and eventually someone will listen or just ignore you.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine701 View Post
When will it stop? Do we just keep saying oh well?

https://www.golfthevillages.com/images/May_Dec_2020.pdf

I predict that as soon as you stop playing golf you'll never pay another increase in green fees
Old 04-10-2020, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda View Post
Are you sure about that? There seems to be many knowledgeable people on this thread. You wrote that they are privately "owned", but I find that hard to believe.

Maybe you can help me out here? Who "owns" the Championship golf courses. I'm going to guess is the TV corporation owns the land and can lease it out???? But I don't know. I know there was a "private" company that ran the golf courses and the TV corporation took it back. I'm not sure who sets the rates? I assume its the people who operate the golf courses; but if th TV corp leases them pout, there could be provisions in the contract. I gotta believe there is a single agreement somewhere...not each course is independent.

Any one know?
Executive courses and championship courses are two different and seperate entities. Take some time and learn the difference. Your confusion will go away.

Also, I highly recommend signing up for Resident Acadamy.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda View Post

Any one know?
Fact: the Championship Courses are owned by the developer, they always have been. The developer sub contracted the management of the courses to a company called GMS. The course maintenance is sub contracted to several private landscaping companies. About 1 1/2 year ago the Villages took over the running of the Championship courses. The ambassadors, starters, pool people, inside staff all work for the villages. The rates are set by the management team that oversees the total operation of the Championship Courses. All 12 courses work under this umbrella.

Fact: All the executives courses north of 44 are own buy the districts. But the districts sub contract with the villages to staff them. The districts have complete control over the rates and the operations.

I hope this helps
Old 04-10-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
prices go up because the cost of maintaining the courses and everything else involved goes up

we should be happy that they don't go up and down like the price of gasoline does....which is an absolute joke
We don’t get championship course conditions. Most championship courses take all sand traps everyday not twice a week!
Old 04-10-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
prices go up because the cost of maintaining the courses and everything else involved goes up

we should be happy that they don't go up and down like the price of gasoline does....which is an absolute joke
Not necessarily true. Moved here two years ago from Greenville, SC. Had stayed in Villages numerous times over three years before making decision to relocate here. One was golf for me. At our former location I belonged to a semi private course (annual fee $1,100 which entitled to play for half cost any day) and those not a member paid the prevailing season rate no higher than $56.00 during prime weekend times). This course was always in excellent shape and each year this course hosted a Web. Com now Korn Ferry sponsored PGA tournament. The green fee was for 18 holes, a cart and a bucket of range balls. Just compare that to here. Green fees are what they are but the course quality and in particular the fairways on most champion courses are almost like hardscape. So if you increase price at least try to increase the course quality.

Finally the developer now states that in the new areas south of 44 the majority of owners are no longer interested in golf. Okay. Then if there is a decrease in rounds of golf stop placing the burden of increase costs on those that do play. If maintenance cost is the reason and number of rounds annually have decreased, close a course and turn it into walking path.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:35 AM

The championship courses are owned by the developer and the exec courses by the districts. The championship courses were maintained by ASG but not owned by that company. The developer had a contract for maintenance that the developer now has taken in over.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, stop, rates

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.