Golf request points calculations

Old 01-20-2024, 06:04 AM
Default Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Golf The Villages

The whole video is good but the meat of what you are asking starts at 1:30:50
Now *that* was helpful. Might've expected to have been pointed in that direction before now.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Thanks for your answer.

That was a typo. I meant request. I have changed it.

What about placement points? How are they calculated? How do placement points affect a request?
Basically if you play to much at premium times it puts at the back of line during those times. Kinda keeps the golf hogs at bay which is the intent to point system IMO.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

Attend good golf school.
Old 01-20-2024, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

I think it’s pretty simple. If you play you get a point. If you call to cancel a reservation you get two points. If you don’t show up and don’t call you get three points that last in a seven day rotation.
Old 01-20-2024, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Who cares?
Obviously the original poster!!
Old 01-20-2024, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
I think it’s pretty simple. If you play you get a point. If you call to cancel a reservation you get two points. If you don’t show up and don’t call you get three points that last in a seven day rotation.
How do placement points impact your request?
Old 01-20-2024, 08:29 AM
Default Golfing Points

There are no “placement” points. There are reservation points and playing points. Each time you play you get 1pt for the reservation and 1pt for playing, which last for 7 days. These points accumulate every time you play for 7 days. If you cancel or are a no show, you accumulate 3pts.

People drive from exec course to exec course throughout the day to play. They do not realize that they are accumulating points. So when they play in a group and a TT Request is input, the TT system may kick the group out, because of too many points. The average weekly points to have is 3 to 4 to play in a group. However, during season it doesn’t matter if you have zero points, because the system and requests is over run by too many people playing golf during this time. Hence the reason why people drive from course to course looking for open spots verses using the automated TT System.

Please attend the New to Golf School, which is free. To best educate yourself on how to use the automated TT System.

Happy Golfing!
Old 01-20-2024, 08:35 AM

reservation points place you in an order of hierarchy of who gets reservations first. eg on executive courses residences are placed higher than resident guests. On championship courses enhanced members come into play and are placed higher on the hierarchy than a regular resident. THEN based upon that hierarchy/reservation points the reservation system will look to see who has the lowest average points to assigned along with the hierarchy to assign tee times. If you are talking about assigned points you get one point for each round played in a rolling 7 day period (mind you that executive points and championship points are two separate point totals). If you cancel prior to the day of your tee time you will receive two points, if you cancel same day of your tee time it will be 3 points.
Old 01-20-2024, 08:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
I will try to answer your question, and hopefully not muddy the waters. There are 2 types of points...placement points, and reservation points. Placement points are derived from a golfer's status, i.e, Resident, Guest, Enhanced Member (old Priority), and Enhanced Member Guest. Reservation points come from tee times granted. Keep in mind that both types of points only come into play when someone is making a Request via the tee time system. Tee times obtained 1-3 days prior to the day of play are considered "open tee times," and are not subject to either type of points.

Placement points are the first value considered when the tee time system's algorithm goes to work. They are broken down as follows: Enhanced Member = 1 point; Enhanced Guest = 2 points; Resident Member = 6 points; Resident Guest = 7 points. Based on these point values, an average of Placement Points is calculated for your group. A group with a lower average of Placement Points will receive priority over a higher number group.

Placement Points come into play mostly on Championship courses, primarily because being an Enhanced Member has no bearing on play at Executive courses. However, Placement Points can still affect the priority of tee times granted on Executive courses if a request includes Guests.

The whole purpose of Placement Points is to ensure that those residents who pay extra for an Enhanced membership will always receive priority in tee time allocation over those who do not pay extra. It also places any request that includes Guests lower in priority than those that include residents only.

Once the algorithm churns through the sorting based on Placement Points, it goes to work on prioritizing requests by looking at Reservation Points. That is a whole new ball of cheese.
Old 01-20-2024, 08:44 AM
Default Placement points involve guests and you don't see them

Quote:
All residents get six points each, guests get seven. All groups averaging six are looked at first by the computer system to honor your request. This is the reason you are asked if there are guests.
Old 01-20-2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy5278 View Post
reservation points place you in an order of hierarchy of who gets reservations first. eg on executive courses residences are placed higher than resident guests. On championship courses enhanced members come into play and are placed higher on the hierarchy than a regular resident. THEN based upon that hierarchy/reservation points the reservation system will look to see who has the lowest average points to assigned along with the hierarchy to assign tee times. If you are talking about assigned points you get one point for each round played in a rolling 7 day period (mind you that executive points and championship points are two separate point totals). If you cancel prior to the day of your tee time you will receive two points, if you cancel same day of your tee time it will be 3 points.
This answer is correct if the first word is changed to “placement points”. If you are a resident, you are assigned MORE placement points than a Premium/Priority (those who pay a fee to play championship golf courses). It’s a big difference in placement points between premium and regular member. Regular members have fewer placement points than guests. Etc. Sum of placement points plus your “playing points” determines your request priority. And also executive course playing points are separate from championship course points. So if you play a lot of execs and then want to put in a request for a championship course, you will have zero playing points in that request. Complicated but it does indeed seem to be reasonably fair
Old 01-20-2024, 08:54 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paporter View Post
There are no “placement” points. There are reservation points and playing points. Each time you play you get 1pt for the reservation and 1pt for playing, which last for 7 days. These points accumulate every time you play for 7 days. If you cancel or are a no show, you accumulate 3pts.

People drive from exec course to exec course throughout the day to play. They do not realize that they are accumulating points. So when they play in a group and a TT Request is input, the TT system may kick the group out, because of too many points. The average weekly points to have is 3 to 4 to play in a group. However, during season it doesn’t matter if you have zero points, because the system and requests is over run by too many people playing golf during this time. Hence the reason why people drive from course to course looking for open spots verses using the automated TT System.

Please attend the New to Golf School, which is free. To best educate yourself on how to use the automated TT System.

Happy Golfing!
This information is not correct. There certainly are placement points, and they are the first item considered in any request made in the tee time system.

Also, you do not automatically get 3 points to cancel/no show. One point is assessed for obtaining a reservation, whether thru a request or direct reservation. If you play, it remains as one point. If you cancel a reservation 2 or three days prior to the reserved time, you get one penalty point, for a total of 2 points. If you cancel the day of play, or are a no-show, you get 2 penalty points, for a total of 3.

The algorithm used by the tee time system is very complex, but in it's simplest terms you can count on this: If playing championship courses, Enhanced Members will always have priority over those without it. On executive courses, groups that include guests will go to the bottom of the pecking order. Groups that include golfers with a high number of points will struggle for tee times during the busy season.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
I will try to answer your question, and hopefully not muddy the waters. There are 2 types of points...placement points, and reservation points. Placement points are derived from a golfer's status, i.e, Resident, Guest, Enhanced Member (old Priority), and Enhanced Member Guest. Reservation points come from tee times granted. Keep in mind that both types of points only come into play when someone is making a Request via the tee time system. Tee times obtained 1-3 days prior to the day of play are considered "open tee times," and are not subject to either type of points.

Placement points are the first value considered when the tee time system's algorithm goes to work. They are broken down as follows: Enhanced Member = 1 point; Enhanced Guest = 2 points; Resident Member = 6 points; Resident Guest = 7 points. Based on these point values, an average of Placement Points is calculated for your group. A group with a lower average of Placement Points will receive priority over a higher number group.

Placement Points come into play mostly on Championship courses, primarily because being an Enhanced Member has no bearing on play at Executive courses. However, Placement Points can still affect the priority of tee times granted on Executive courses if a request includes Guests.

The whole purpose of Placement Points is to ensure that those residents who pay extra for an Enhanced membership will always receive priority in tee time allocation over those who do not pay extra. It also places any request that includes Guests lower in priority than those that include residents only.

Once the algorithm churns through the sorting based on Placement Points, it goes to work on prioritizing requests by looking at Reservation Points. That is a whole new ball of cheese.

Great explanation!!!

Placement points were what confused me because I think I saw a post where someone said that he tries to keep his group point average below 3 points. Wouldn't that be impossible if everyone has 6 placement points to start with?

So if I play 5 times in the past week, I have 5 points for playing and 6 placement points for a total of 11 points?

And If I played 2 times last week, I would have 8 points?

And if I didn't play at all, I would still have 6 points?
Old 01-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I did.

I stated that I had called the golf office. The person that I spoke to didn’t understand the system either but said it was all on the website.
I would've asked to speak to another person… If the person that works at the office called... the golf office does not know that maybe that should be pointed out to… The golf office

My point is instead of asking a bunch of people on this forum what to do, you may want to go right to the entity that is supposed to know what to do.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:21 AM
Default points

• Reservation Point: number of reservations a resident has received over the last 7 days
• 1 Point is awarded to all tee times on the championship courses until 2:00 PM
• no reservation point when made on the day of play at the Championship courses
• 1 point for cancelling a tee time prior to the day of play.
• 2 Points for cancelling on the day of play.
• Champion & exec points are separate

Tags
points, golf, reservation, week, calculated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.