Golfers - Please don't golf on Exec. courses after 4

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2020, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,103 Times in 4,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshgun View Post
At 4 Pm the tenth hole at OBG has an ambassador and/or a one and ours even closed sign. It was my interpretation you cannot tee off after 4 pm on 1st hole or number 10.
Maybe they were starting all groups on 10 all day long
Old 04-14-2020, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHsnow1 View Post
Played Cane Garden this morning and had 2
walkers in front of us as we were teeing off.
We asked them to wait until we hit so no one would be
In danger. They did move off to the side and eventually
turned around and walked to the previous hole
We played $94 to play there and do not expect to see
Walkers. There were no ambassadors around so it went
Unnoticed!!

Walkers don't belong on a golf course....if someone is stupid enough to walk onto a golf course right in front of golfer's teeing off or between golfers on the fairway and the green they absolutely deserve to get hit in the head, neck, shoulders, stomach, groin, leg, ankle anywhere...they don't belong there

I wonder if these 'entitled' folks are stupid enough to walk across the driving range down on Rolling Acres when it's packed with folks hitting balls, or would they walk across the shooting lanes over at Shooter's World after hearing 'ready on the right, ready on the left'
Old 04-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,332 Times in 553 Posts
Default I don’t understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I (gasp) walked the cart path on one of the courses yesterday about 7:30 PM. Golfers were long gone. Passed a few dog walkers. The dogs were on a leash, not on the greens or tee boxes, and - I assume - the owner was responsible enough to use a doggie bag if necessary. I just don't see a problem with this.
I trying to understand your logic. It’s not okay to golf on an executive golf course after golfers with a tee time finish for the day but it is okay to walk your dog on the golf course after golf is finished for the day.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:27 PM

It doesn’t make sense to me that we can’t play golf after hours the way we did before. It is safer because you can play alone or with your partner. If you get a tee time they put other people with you who may not follow the six foot distance rule so if everything they are doing is for our safety they are missing the boat.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,103 Times in 4,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
It doesn’t make sense to me that we can’t play golf after hours the way we did before. It is safer because you can play alone or with your partner. If you get a tee time they put other people with you who may not follow the six foot distance rule so if everything they are doing is for our safety they are missing the boat.
It's actually pretty simple. They never want anyone to play unless there is an ambassador out there to supervise play. Whether or not they actually do that or not is another discussion, but I think they do a great job. There aren't enough staff members to keep everything running at the usual times, that's why the championship courses went to straight tee times and all courses have a last tee time of 4PM. Today I heard 57 staff members have elected to stay home during this time, whether that is true or not---???????
Old 04-14-2020, 03:45 PM
Cool asked to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMSr View Post
I believe this policy originally started when the Championship courses found themselves without enough employees to fill all the the positions necessary to man the starter shacks and the pro shop. Therefore, they began to shut down the pro shops at 2 pm after everyone from the afternoon wave should have checked in. This left only the slots for the starter shacks and the ambassadors to fill.
I was asked to leave course at 7:25 PM. The ambassador could just as easily taken my Id # as before. Makes more business sense and could lower our fees for next year because of more revenue. But I guess we need to be punished. Makes as much sense to me.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,794 Times in 1,561 Posts
Default Here is the logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I trying to understand your logic. It’s not okay to golf on an executive golf course after golfers with a tee time finish for the day but it is okay to walk your dog on the golf course after golf is finished for the day.
Change the words golfers to swimmers, golf course to sports pool and change " walk your dog" to "wash your dog", and it becomes : it's not okay to swim in the sports pool after swim time is over but it is okay to wash you dog in the pool after hours. Get the logic now, Justjim? Folks here, like folks everywhere, want what they want without regard for laws, rules, respect for others property, etc. As for the "I don't see the problem" type comments, they are either (sadly) too dumb to see the problem or, more likely , just don't want to see it.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,050 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkbob View Post
I was asked to leave course at 7:25 PM. The ambassador could just as easily taken my Id # as before. Makes more business sense and could lower our fees for next year because of more revenue. But I guess we need to be punished. Makes as much sense to me.
Did you know that you weren't supposed to be there at that time?
Old 04-14-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Most weed choppers crap all over the courses and don’t follow simple rules. There will be always people who crap on rules.
what the heck is a weed chopper?
Old 04-14-2020, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,573 Times in 516 Posts

I’ve ran a few off Southern Star since the 4pm shutdown started.

I asked them, in a nice way of course, what part of the “course closed sign” did they not understand?
Old 04-14-2020, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,573 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
Seriously? You can’t tell people to stay 6’ away from you? Man up (or lady up) and use a stern voice and tell them to back off. It could save your life.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:33 PM

Don't you all get tired off complaining about everything under the sun for the umpteenth time? Maybe its time to get off the computer, step outside, and just be glad you are alive.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:49 PM
Gold member

I notice that no one can come up with a valid reason why walkers are not allowed on the course after the golfers are finished. The primary response has been, "because those are the rules". Do people ever question whether the rules make sense? I bet if they came out and said people are no longer allowed to walk on the sidewalks, or no golf cars allowed to be out after 6 PM the same people here would be out defending these rule with the same arcane logic - because it's the rules.

With everything closed down in The Villages, I would think that those who claim to want to make this a great place to live should be looking for creative ways to safely improve our lifestyle in these trying times rather than just ways to clamp down on it. I'm sure that walking on a golf course cart path after the golfers are gone has got to be one of the safest things one can do here - certainly safer than walking on the sidewalk which necessitates crossing sometimes busy streets. It is also far safer than walking on a multi-modal path with golf carts speeding by - yet no one has any problem with that.

Last edited by NJblue; 04-14-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:02 PM

Agree completely for post #76. Last year I was looking forward to moving to The Villages as a great place to live.
Today, having been reading these blogs for some time, I am now not so sure.
The carping about everything, and the people whose hobby is riding around in golf carts just looking for infractions of HOA rules are a big turnoff.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It's actually pretty simple. They never want anyone to play unless there is an ambassador out there to supervise play. Whether or not they actually do that or not is another discussion, but I think they do a great job. There aren't enough staff members to keep everything running at the usual times, that's why the championship courses went to straight tee times and all courses have a last tee time of 4PM. Today I heard 57 staff members have elected to stay home during this time, whether that is true or not---???????
I heard that's not true
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, golfers, people, courses, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.